Icici zero balance account

Hello!
recently I have applied for Amazon pay icici bank credit card

And I've got the card and also
An icici savings account also opened automatically without I'm applying for it And I've checked with the icici customer care and they said it's a zero balance account, also I got a cheque book and a debit card also

Is it really zero balance account?

There is no passbook with it

Skylar

KF Master
Hello!

An icici savings account also opened automatically without I'm applying for it And I've checked with the icici customer care and they said it's a zero balance account, also I got a cheque book and a debit card also

Have you recorded the conversation?
If you did then don't worry, Lucky you got zero balance account, people are struggling to open zero balance account with ICICI.

- Keep the recording, and also ask them to send a mail stating it is zero balance account. refer to the T&C, in future if they impose any charges tell them you have the recordings and also a mail stating it is zero balance account. And tell them If they are not making it zero balance account you'll complain to RBI

Ajeeb!
This is new. How can they open savings account without customers consent? I wonder if they have changed their SOP.
I have applied to other banks just for CC, never have they gave a savings account silently in return with CC.
Don't worry about passbook, ICICI doesn't give/encourage passbook anyway. They may still charge you for debit card renewal fee in coming years.
Otherwise bank is large and good overall.

If you did then don't worry, Lucky you got zero balance account, people are struggling to open zero balance account with ICICI.

- Keep the recording, and also ask them to send a mail stating it is zero balance account. refer to the T&C, in future if they impose any charges tell them you have the recordings and also a mail stating it is zero balance account. And tell them If they are not making it zero balance account you'll complain to RBI
I've recorded the conversation
I'll ask them for my mail now
Tq for the advice

Last edited:

SanthoshSomu

KF Expert
Hello!

How did you know that saving account is opened?

bigmouse

KF Ace

Brother icici bank mai account open nehi ho Raha hai online.toh main nearest branch gya tha toh mujhe 1lakh initial funding aur 50k AMB maintain karna padega nehi toh account open nehi ho payega Aisa bola relationship manager ne ..kya kiya jaiye koi solution hai kya? Please help me brother 🙏 branch details attached kar raha hu...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240727-081508.png
    Screenshot_20240727-081508.png
    532.6 KB · Views: 5

Skylar

KF Master
Brother icici bank mai account open nehi ho Raha hai online.toh main nearest branch gya tha toh mujhe 1lakh initial funding aur 50k AMB maintain karna padega nehi toh account open nehi ho payega Aisa bola relationship manager ne ..kya kiya jaiye koi solution hai kya? Please help me brother 🙏 branch details attached kar raha hu...
Bro these branch people are frauds they have targets so they say there is no zero balance account available but if you have any working in there then you can easily get it done.
-
-
Or you can lodge a complaint to ICICI costumer support mentioning the names of the people who told you all these and then costumer support would help you with it.