Issue with SBI Credit Card Statement and CIBIL Score Drop

Hi all,

I’m seeking some guidance regarding an issue with my SBI Credit Card account that has had a significant impact on my CIBIL score.

In August, I didn’t receive my credit card statement via email, which I usually rely on to make timely payments through the CRED app. As a result, I was 4-5 days late in paying a bill of ₹779, only after the bank informed me of the overdue amount. I had contacted SBI’s phone banking team, and while I appreciate that they reversed the late fees, the delay caused my CIBIL score to drop by around 70 points.

I’ve already raised a dispute with CIBIL (Dispute ID: CDS20092024001787) and requested SBI to rectify the score as this was caused by the non-receipt of the statement. However, there hasn’t been much progress on this front.

Has anyone experienced a similar issue or have suggestions on how I can resolve this and potentially restore my CIBIL score?

Thanks in advance for your help!

arjungoyal12

KF Mentor
If you have escalated it through CIBIL official website, you should ask SBI bank to give the report to CIBIL. Otherwise, it won't be resolved. There are less chances that your credit score will be corrected. That's what I believe

As you said, you have already raised your concern with both the parties, the bank and the credit rating agency, and if your issue isn't resolved within 21 days of the raised concern date, you can raise your complaint with the Banking Ombudsman. With this, your problem will resolve and this way has highest probability.