ITR section 10 14 i

Prabhat Sahu

KF Rookie
ITR section 10(14)(i), details available in internet is vague. has anyone claimed this before? What is eligibility criteria and limit for salaried person?

Tax with Ria

KF Expert
ITR section 10(14)(i), details available in internet is vague. has anyone claimed this before? What is eligibility criteria and limit for salaried person?
It's the section of claiming allowance granted to meet cost of travel on tour or on transfer or on charges incurred by the employee for travelling for employer business.
But this allowance on your CTC can be claimed in ITR as allowance u/s 10(14)i only when you've submitted the actual expenses bill to your employer, which further reflects on your Form 16.
If you haven't submitted any expense bill eg- train tickets, ola cab bills etc to your employer, then any allowance paid by your employer/ any amount shown as such allowance in your CTC is fully taxable.
Eg. In your Ctc
Daily allowance 70000

Your actual expenditure on daily travel or tour is 50000 and you've submitted bills to your employer and it's reflecting in Form 16.

Basic salary and other salary components shall include this 70000 as fully taxable in ITR
Then you can claim allowance under section 10(14) of 50000.
Net taxability of allowance = 20000

If you haven't submitted any bill, then 70000 shall be fully taxable as salary as per form 16.

Hope it helped you🙂