Long term investment

destello

KF Rookie
I am not belonging to any financial background, I work in IT industry as developer and obviously want to do investment. Good part of me that I want to buy stock and hold it as long as I can.

Now, how to pick up the stocks at right price
(i know everyone affordability is vary). Let's say I like HDFC bank business model and the stock of HDFC is growing 2 to 3 % per month.
For long term investment should I buy one stock, for long term investment?
To be honest i just see the profit and net worth charts 📉 of well known companies and it profit is on negative I totally ignored e.g. Zomato or Paytm.

Do I need to lean about reading company financial sheet?
Do I have to learn about companies fundamentals?
As New in this investment what should e ideal baby steps 🪜 for long term investment.

Note:
(I do SIP too, want to invest in stocks too)
(HDFC bank is just for example)

If there any investment tool for long term please mention it.

TaxWiser

KF Mentor
As New in this investment what should e ideal baby steps 🪜 for long term investment.
For Learning purposes, Try checking out some Books(Fundamental Analysis, Coffee Can Investing etc.) and Akshat Shrivastava YT channel and if he add some value in your investment journey then try joining his community for atleast 3-6 months.

Since you're a 9 to 5 guy, my personal recommendation will be to consider Smallcase for Progressive Learning and saving time & effort in short-term and utilize the remaining time wisely thus becoming a Successful Investor in Long-term

Just my thoughts, Best of Luck ✌️