LTCG on property and stocks

pranoy_nandy

KF Rookie
1) If we invest LTCG received from selling a property on new property within 2 years, we don't have to pay tax.

2) If we invest LTCG received from selling listed stocks on new property, we don't have to pay tax.

So my question is,
1)If we buy a property who's worth is more than the LTCG received from selling of old property and stocks combined, then do I have to pay any tax in this case?

2) Also, can we invest the LTCG from US stocks on the new property to save tax or is it only for Indian stocks?

3) Can the property to bought on the name of all the family members with everyone owning different percentage of the property to save tax on LTCG of stocks of every family member?

NOTE: Price of property I am looking forward to buy is higher than all the LTCG received from selling previous property and every family member's stocks combined.

Last edited:

Gigachad

KF Mentor
1) If we invest LTCG received from selling a property on new property within 2 years, we don't have to pay tax.

2) If we invest LTCG received from selling listed stocks on new property, we don't have to pay tax.

So my question is,
1)If we buy a property who's worth is more than the LTCG received from selling of old property and stocks combined, then do I have to pay any tax in this case?

2) Also, can we invest the LTCG from US stocks on the new property to save tax or is it only for Indian stocks?

3) Can the property to bought on the name of all the family members with everyone owning different percentage of the property to save tax on LTCG of stocks of every family member?

NOTE: Price of property I am looking forward to buy is higher than all the LTCG received from selling previous property and every family member's stocks combined.
Consultant with a CA.