Lumpsum vs FD

Abhinandan

KF Rookie
Want to make lumpsum Investment for short term, any recommendations like index fund or anything else & is it good time to invest or should I go with bank FD?

zacobite

KF Mentor
Want to make lumpsum Investment for short term, any recommendations like index fund or anything else & is it good time to invest or should I go with bank FD?
markets are choppy.. fd or p2p is gd option to park funds short term.. ( p2p has some risk)

shailum86

KF Rookie
I'm also confuse with same question. Even I'm thinking to do fd in ESAF small finance bank, they give 8.25% on 2 years duration fd. But, I'm afraid that small finance bank are reliable or not... Also I don't know about the charges on capital gain those will deduct from my return..,.....Please help what should I do?

zacobite

KF Mentor
I'm also confuse with same question. Even I'm thinking to do fd in ESAF small finance bank, they give 8.25% on 2 years duration fd. But, I'm afraid that small finance bank are reliable or not... Also I don't know about the charges on capital gain those will deduct from my return..,.....Please help what should I do?
upto 5 L is insured by govt.. no capital gains on FD.. normal tax slab.. so if you dont pay income tax as per slab.. then no tax

Index funds can provide broad market exposure and typically have lower fees compared to actively managed funds. Over the long term, they can offer solid returns. They are subject to market fluctuations, so if you need your money back in the short term, you might experience some volatility. FDs offer guaranteed returns and are low-risk. The principal amount is safe, and you’ll know exactly how much you’ll earn by the end of the term. The returns on FDs might be lower compared to other investment options, especially if interest rates are low
So, if you need money in short term its better to choose FD instead of choosing investing in funds.