Mutual Fund Advice for medium-long term(6-10 years) .. Please help

Anipriyo

KF Rookie
Currently i am doing an sip of Rs. 4000
1. Parag parikh flexicap fund : 1000
2. Icici Prudential value discovery fund : 1000
3. Kotak Equity opportunity fund : 1000
4. Kotak nifty 200 momentum 30 index fund :1000

Plus i have invested lumsum this month in (Moderate-high risk cause i'll be keeping it for atleast 5-8 years)
1. Quant Dynamic asset allocation fund- 10k
2. Quant Multi asset allocation fund- 10k
3. Quant BFSI Fund- 10k

Is my MF portfolio ok should i make changes in it please suggest and help? and i have 30-50k more funds to invest as lumsum ... should i invest now in the quant funds or wait for a correction ?

Last edited:

zacobite

KF Mentor

Plus i have invested lumsum this month in (Moderate-high risk cause i'll be keeping it for atleast 5 years)
3. Quant BFSI Fund- 10k

Is my MF portfolio ok should i make changes in it please suggest and help? and i have 30-50k more funds to invest as lumsum ... should i invest now in the quant funds or wait for a correction ?
you have too much overlap.. same kind of funds.. keep it simple.

1 nifty index fund / 1 nifty next 50 fund / 1 multi cap ( ppfas flexi is good one u already have) / 1 international fund / 1 conservative hybrid fund.. If u are feeling aggressive then quant active fund

Anipriyo

KF Rookie

1 nifty index fund / 1 nifty next 50 fund / 1 multi cap ( ppfas flexi is good one u already have) / 1 international fund / 1 conservative hybrid fund.. If u are feeling aggressive then quant active fund
should i change my sip to ?
1. Ppfas flexi
2. MO Nasdaq 100
3. Kokatk quity opportunity
4. Quant fund (flexi or active)

Anipriyo

KF Rookie

and what about my separate lumsum portfolio ? should i leave them to the quant funds as it is or change the allocation to some other funds ?

Plus i have invested lumsum this month in (Moderate-high risk cause i'll be keeping it for atleast 5-8 years)
3. Quant BFSI Fund- 10k

Kindly Check expense ratio and exit load of Parag Parikh Flexicap Fund I think the Exit load is >1%.
Keep that 30-50k safe in your hand wait for a correction because Indian Market Is at its high so crash may come at any moment keep the cash and be ready to invest in various sectors ETF after crash.

theraj0007

KF Expert

3. Quant BFSI Fund- 10k

YOU DON'T NEED THESE MUCH ONLY 4 ARE ENOUGH LIKE 1 BLUE CHIP, A MULTICAP , A MIDCAP AND LEAST IN GOLD /SILVER ETFS. ITS ENOUGH FOR LIFETIME.

zacobite

KF Mentor
and what about my separate lumsum portfolio ? should i leave them to the quant funds as it is or change the allocation to some other funds ?
leave it or move it.. its not a lot of money.. you can move it to one if the ones suggested.. ideally conservative hybrid in current scenario

negi4ever

KF Rookie

3. Quant BFSI Fund- 10k

Different people have different opinions, so the way I am too. You have started SIP into some mutual funds and now seeking advice on it.

Basically, it’s all about what you want out of your investment. Start by figuring out your financial goals and how much risk you’re cool with taking on. From there, you can pick the type of funds that fit your plan.

Deciding to invest in mutual funds is a personal choice and really depends on your comfort with risk and what you're hoping to achieve. You've got options ranging from high-risk, high-return funds like equity funds, to more moderate risk ones.

Regarding investing in similar types of funds, while it's often suggested to diversify to mitigate risk, concentrating on one category can also be rewarding if managed wisely. For instance, I've been investing in high-risk funds for the past five years, and the returns have been remarkable. This strategy has worked well for me, but it's important to regularly review and assess if it aligns with your evolving financial goals and market conditions.

So, finally I will suggest to choose:

1. First of all your financial goal or what are the returns you expecting from your investments.
2. Then choose your riskometer you are comfortable with. Means how much risk you are ready to take.
3. Now you have identified yourself. So, it's time to identify the funds fits to your goal.
4. Always choose funds with low to average NAV to achieve some good returns faster.

Remember, it's all about my experience as an investor like others. Every investor has his/her own experiences into the market so the suggestions will be varied. It's not a financial advice always DYOR before investment. Happy investing.😊

Qubit

KF Ace
Different people have different opinions, so the way I am too. You have started SIP into some mutual funds and now seeking advice on it.

Basically, it’s all about what you want out of your investment. Start by figuring out your financial goals and how much risk you’re cool with taking on. From there, you can pick the type of funds that fit your plan.

Deciding to invest in mutual funds is a personal choice and really depends on your comfort with risk and what you're hoping to achieve. You've got options ranging from high-risk, high-return funds like equity funds, to more moderate risk ones.

Regarding investing in similar types of funds, while it's often suggested to diversify to mitigate risk, concentrating on one category can also be rewarding if managed wisely. For instance, I've been investing in high-risk funds for the past five years, and the returns have been remarkable. This strategy has worked well for me, but it's important to regularly review and assess if it aligns with your evolving financial goals and market conditions.

So, finally I will suggest to choose:

1. First of all your financial goal or what are the returns you expecting from your investments.
2. Then choose your riskometer you are comfortable with. Means how much risk you are ready to take.
3. Now you have identified yourself. So, it's time to identify the funds fits to your goal.
4. Always choose funds with low to average NAV to achieve some good returns faster.

Remember, it's all about my experience as an investor like others. Every investor has his/her own experiences into the market so the suggestions will be varied. It's not a financial advice always DYOR before investment. Happy investing.😊

As we know, most active funds are unable to outperform even the benchmark, so why do people sometimes choose active funds over index or passive funds? Why not always choose index funds?