Mutual funds

KF Rookie
Hello people,

I have 3.5 lakhs and my father wants to invest it all in Fd and the duration is just 2 yrs cause this is for a car, as FD is safer and no risk and as per Latest vid on Bekifaayati the max interest per annum I can get is with Jana small bank 8.5%

But I want better returns and wants to make the best return possible in 2yrs and I consider myself a conservative so after researching a lot this is what I came up with can someone look if it is correct

1lakh- Fd
1 lakh - Axis/Icici bluechip /Nippon largecap
1 Lakh- conservative hybrid ( Sbi/ Parag parikh)
25k- small cap ( quant/Tata)
25k - Mid cap (quant / Motilal)

Please help I know 2 yrs is very short but let me if it is ok as i want to prove my father that it is ok to take risk

Hi, for the duration of 2 years I feel this is too risky specially small & mid cap allocation. Instead you may go with bonds wherein you can get around 10% with much lesser risk. Conservative hybrid & FD seems okay to me. You must not venture in too risky asset class now as we are already in a time when mid & small caps are too inflated currently. This is basis my experience in the market.

All the best with your planning

KF Rookie
Hi, for the duration of 2 years I feel this is too risky specially small & mid cap allocation. Instead you may go with bonds wherein you can get around 10% with much lesser risk. Conservative hybrid & FD seems okay to me. You must not venture in too risky asset class now as we are already in a time when mid & small caps are too inflated currently. This is basis my experience in the market.

All the best with your planning
Thank you so much for your reply and if you had the same amount 3.5 lakh and your timeframe is also just 2 yrs where would you invest for the maximum returns.

17ysaurabh

KF Mentor
Investing in Mid-cap and Small-cap mutual funds for a small period (2 years) is extremely risky. Instead, I prefer ETFs for short periods.
If I were in your shoes, I'd invest as follows:
  • One lakh in high-interest FD
  • Two lakhs in Index fund.
  • 50k in ETFs: ETFs are less risky than stocks. I'll probably invest either in PSU Bank nifty or Nifty 50 ETF, which might yield 17% or more returns.
Please do your research before investing in any mutual funds or ETFs.

PS: In my opinion, we should take a conservative approach to investment for a shorter period, and that is what I have taken here. We should take high risk only when investing over a long period.

theraj0007

KF Expert
Hello people,

I have 3.5 lakhs and my father wants to invest it all in Fd and the duration is just 2 yrs cause this is for a car, as FD is safer and no risk and as per Latest vid on Bekifaayati the max interest per annum I can get is with Jana small bank 8.5%

But I want better returns and wants to make the best return possible in 2yrs and I consider myself a conservative so after researching a lot this is what I came up with can someone look if it is correct

1lakh- Fd
1 lakh - Axis/Icici bluechip /Nippon largecap
1 Lakh- conservative hybrid ( Sbi/ Parag parikh)
25k- small cap ( quant/Tata)
25k - Mid cap (quant / Motilal)

Please help I know 2 yrs is very short but let me if it is ok as i want to prove my father that it is ok to take risk
SHI HH BUDDY.