Need help in Selecting SBI Card

Please read my full post and try to answers all my questions so that i can make best decision and not regret later

I have been seeing Pre-qualified credit card banner when logging onto SBI net banking and YONO app for quite sometime, also got call from Home branch informing me that i am eligible for pre-approved credit card and just need to visit branch with PAN and Aadhaar, when i asked is it necessary to visit branch, can't i apply from YONO app as its showing me a Pre-qualified credit card banner she said you may but application might get stuck better to visit branch (she might be saying that so that apply through her only and she gets commission). Now i have few questions

1) Which card to apply Cashback or SimplyClick/SimplySave or any other ? Cashback card is good but i also want to have card for upcoming sale offers
Which card it will be beneficial to go for first so that afterwards its easier to get 2nd card as Pre-approved and maybe FYF (if not LTF)

NOTE: I already have Airtel Axis Card which covers most of my bills

2) I will be applying either through SBI net banking or YONO app so can i apply referral code here (1st & 2nd image) or applying only through referral link is considered as valid referral. If referral code applied will I get ₹500 voucher for Cashback card too or not and in case I apply for SimplyClick will i get ₹500+₹500 voucher (as simplyclick already gives one ₹500 voucher as Welcome gift )

Attachments

• Screenshot (2).png
    Screenshot (2).png
    139.7 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot_20240814_175746_YONO SBI.jpg
    Screenshot_20240814_175746_YONO SBI.jpg
    297.1 KB · Views: 8

AVN

KF Rookie
My opinion would be to apply through the branch as you will have a point of contact to follow up later. If you are able to get the SBI cashback card then this would be the best option as SBI cards don't approve this as easily as simply click/simply save cards..

My opinion would be to apply through the branch as you will have a point of contact to follow up later. If you are able to get the SBI cashback card then this would be the best option as SBI cards don't approve this as easily as simply click/simply save cards..
SBI cashback card is a good option but I see one problem with that, utility bills are already excluded from cashback one has to buy Amazon gift card using cashback card and then pay utility bills with that gift card balance to get effective 5% cashback.

What if one day SBI decides no more cashback on AGV or maybe Amazon decides no gift card buying with credit card then this card will become useless (atleast for me)

amitvicky

KF Expert
SBI cashback card is a good option but I see one problem with that, utility bills are already excluded from cashback one has to buy Amazon gift card using cashback card and then pay utility bills with that gift card balance to get effective 5% cashback.

What if one day SBI decides no more cashback on AGV or maybe Amazon decides no gift card buying with credit card then this card will become useless (atleast for me)
In my opinion also.... go for Cashback card if they assure you that you will get it.
It's really difficult to get this card.

Once you have cashback card, you wil get offers for rupay simplisave as SBI is pushing for it to almost all card holders.

I have sompliclick for almost 2 years.
Whenever I apply for cashback card it gets decline as per internal policies (only SBI knows what are they)
But I get around 4 sms per week to get sompliclick as pre-approved.

About your concern of paying bills through AGV and SBI might stop it.... Don't worry about it and enjoy till that time.

_rohitsoni

KF Expert
Hey, First go for Cashback card, that's a valuable card as it gives 5% off on almost everywhere online, I hope you spend online other than bills too, it will help in that aspect. SimplyClick/Save is pretty basic card and you can apply just after a month of getting cashback card (no specific timeline though, you can apply after few days too, cibil might get a hit of 6-7 points).
About giving cashback on GC - officially it does not give the cashback so relying on that does not make sense, its because Amazon is misquoting the MCC to SBI, is the reason why SBI gives the cashback on purchase of GC.