Need suggestion: credit card for travel, education and insurance

mohit18

KF Rookie
Hi. I have an annual salary of 20 lakhs. Currently i have four credit cards- sbi bpcl octane, pnb rupay platinum, hdfc moneyback plus and axis airtel. Now i need to figure out card for my travel, education and insurance expense. Which new card i should get and which one i should let go from my portfolio. Thanks in advance.

TaxWiser

KF Mentor
Hi. I have an annual salary of 20 lakhs. Currently i have four credit cards- sbi bpcl octane, pnb rupay platinum, hdfc moneyback plus and axis airtel. Now i need to figure out card for my travel, education and insurance expense. Which new card i should get and which one i should let go from my portfolio. Thanks in advance.
Add Axis Atlas/HDFC INFINIA/PNB RupayPlatinum and HDFC Swiggy/SBI Cashback/Amazon Pay ICICI to your Credit Card portfolio 👍

amitvicky

KF Expert
Education - if your monthly expenses is nearly 10k per month - Get AU LIT CC. With 5% extra CB on online payments feature you will get upto 500/- CB per month.
So on spending 299+gst as feature fee for 90 days, you can get upto 1500/- in total.

Insurance - you may try Standard Chartered smart credit card.
For online expenses upto 50k per month you can earn 2% CB.
This works for insurance, NPS and income tax payments (If you pay any incometax other than TDS).
Note - NPS and income tax attract upto .85% CC usage fee, so still you will make 1.1% CB on these payments.

There could be more ways for insurance like purchase Amazon pay vouchers on discount and pay insurance if you insurance payment accepts Amazon pay. You can YouTube for videos.