Online vs Showroom car insurance

aakash1234

KF Rookie
My car's OD insurance is expiring in next few days.
I have Tata car.
Should I puchase from showroom or policybazaar?
Showroom is giving Oriental or United policy at 13k.
Policybazaar is giving HDFC ergo policy at 15k. (Same insurance at HDFC website is at 18k, not sure why such huge difference).

Please suggest should I purchase from showroom or policybazaar?
If showroom, United or Oriental?

YashGaurav

KF Ace
Respected sir
First of all prefer the showroom insurance company as they would help you in respective claims,and then buy the one from policy bazar or wherever you prefer.So, oriental or untied through online means as it would cost you less.

aakash1234

KF Rookie
Ok, I was also thinking the same to buy from showroom as I heard that they trouble people who don't take insurance from them during claim process.
Regarding Oriental or United, do you have any suggestion which one should I prefer?

YashGaurav

KF Ace
Sir,as of now both Oriental and United both has been merged to PNB.So,you should just buy the same insurance from policy bazar or website directly,it would help you get claims and costing beneficial.

Skylar

KF Master
My car's OD insurance is expiring in next few days.
I have Tata car.
Should I puchase from showroom or policybazaar?
Showroom is giving Oriental or United policy at 13k.
Policybazaar is giving HDFC ergo policy at 15k. (Same insurance at HDFC website is at 18k, not sure why such huge difference).

Please suggest should I purchase from showroom or policybazaar?
If showroom, United or Oriental?
The showroom will only help you buy policy it won't help you in clam process.
- Check out ACKO on amazon I did all my 2 vehicles insurance on it, it was the lowest and their app makes it easy to view all my policies on place. I have no experience regarding the clam so far - Suggested, to check all the reviews regarding ACKO before taking it.

Skylar

KF Master
Policybazar will show the lowest price but on check out page it will be close to what HDFC website shows :unsure:
And there could be some addons so price difference.

Instead of final premium amount, pls pay attention to policy features also like IDV, Voluntary excess etc.
I would suggest to keep IDV amount as high as possible even if it results in a higher premium (premium would only exceed by 200 - 500)