Opinion on Amex Platinum card?

wcgxlr8

KF Mentor
I got an offer for updating my Gold card to Platinum, is anyone using this and how is the return % assuming 2 international trips a year?

zacobite

KF Mentor
I got an offer for updating my Gold card to Platinum, is anyone using this and how is the return % assuming 2 international trips a year?
costs 78000 per yr.. can be easily recovered in yr 1 with the bonus 1.25 L mr points.. second yr onwards bcomes v expensive for regular use

wcgxlr8

KF Mentor
costs 78000 per yr.. can be easily recovered in yr 1 with the bonus 1.25 L mr points.. second yr onwards bcomes v expensive for regular use
Yes. That’s my plan as well to stick for 1 year and see what renewal benefits they offer, thanks!

Pankaj83

KF Rookie
Hi All

I have a question for Amex Platilnum Travel Card holders. Can we use reward points to book any domestic flight or it should be from their travel partners only? Example-Can I book flight of Indigo or Spice Jet or Vistara or Air India or any flight with its reward points?
Also if my reward points are less can I pay balance by Amex Credit Card or any other credit card?

I guess same answer will be applicable to Axis Atlas bank credit card too?

Regards

Pankaj

wcgxlr8

KF Mentor
Hi All

I have a question for Amex Platilnum Travel Card holders. Can we use reward points to book any domestic flight or it should be from their travel partners only? Example-Can I book flight of Indigo or Spice Jet or Vistara or Air India or any flight with its reward points?
Also if my reward points are less can I pay balance by Amex Credit Card or any other credit card?

I guess same answer will be applicable to Axis Atlas bank credit card too?

Regards

Pankaj
You can use MR points to pay for eligible transactions including tickets but the value will be very low. Best way to use Amex points (imo) is to convert them to Marriot points during bonus promo duration and then use it either with Marriot or transfer to other airlines.