Planning to build fund for travel

Skylar

KF Master
I am planning to build fund for travel every month and can please let me know where can i keep this amount?
How long can you keep it aside?

- My kotak 811 Edge account has this feature called "Active money"
- 25k will be saving and rest will be automatically converted into 180days FD and for that 180 days I get 3.5% interest (180+180days = 3.5+3.5 total 7% interest per year)
- No lock in, you can withdraw anytime and if you are removing before 180days you'll get normal savings account interest rate.

This same facility will be there in most banks known as "Auto sweep"

SanthoshSomu

KF Expert

- 25k will be saving and rest will be automatically converted into 180days FD and for that 180 days I get 3.5% interest (180+180days = 3.5+3.5 total 7% interest per year)
- No lock in, you can withdraw anytime and if you are removing before 180days you'll get normal savings account interest rate.

I am planning to build first 50k for domestic travel , will keep on add fund to that.

Karunakara

KF Mentor

In addition to building fund for travel, you may think of planning your spends also. If you have a travel CC, you can plan to shift your sending majorly from Cashback/other non-travel cards. It will bring Rewards/air miles. These air miles can significantly reduce your travel expenditure.

For example an annual spending of 4L on Amex Platinum Travel Card will fetch 48000/- RP redeemable into airmiles of any airline carrier.with these points your can make flight charges to a foreign country free.