Policybazaar vs Ditto

Aman Verma

KF Rookie
I'm looking for buying a Health Insurance Policy these days.

Can anyone please help me which online insurance platform will be better out of Policybazaar and Ditto? Pros and Cons? Which is more good in maintaining their consistent support not only at the time of policy purchase but also support in those tough times of hospitalization when actually a support is needed for claim settlement process.

Your personal experiences can help me as well as this community to know better about them.
Looking forward for your response/experiences...

ShavirB

Founder
Staff member
Have been using Ditto for the past 3 years, satisfied with their service. There was a minor issues 1 year back as I had made a policy claim and the response time was a bit on the slower side - generally they're very prompt. But was soon streamlined after 1 escalation. Overall I would rate them 9/ 10.

Had spoken to Policybazaar also while taking the insurance, I found them slightly more pushy and a bit annoying that's why I didn't go ahead with them

Aman Verma

KF Rookie
Have been using Ditto for the past 3 years, satisfied with their service. There was a minor issues 1 year back as I had made a policy claim and the response time was a bit on the slower side - generally they're very prompt. But was soon streamlined after 1 escalation. Overall I would rate them 9/ 10.

Had spoken to Policybazaar also while taking the insurance, I found them slightly more pushy and a bit annoying that's why I didn't go ahead with them
Yeah, I agree, that's my concern too with Policybazaar, as soon as you visit their website after login and start exploring the plans, immediately within a few minutes, they start calling multiple times, multiple phone numbers, and over the call, they create a push/pressure to buy the plan -- Quite Annoying. After the purchase of the policy, even for a single piece of information/correction request, their response becomes quite normal or sometimes very slow. I have a fear of whether they are really going to help in the Claim Settlement of my Term Plan to my family or not?

:cry:

That's why I just thought to explore Ditto for health insurance this time other than Policybazaar.
Anyways, Thank you for sharing your detailed experience of 3 years. It will really help me to decide on the right platform. Thank you!

zacobite

KF Mentor
Yeah, I agree, that's my concern too with Policybazaar, as soon as you visit their website after login and start exploring the plans, immediately within a few minutes, they start calling multiple times, multiple phone numbers, and over the call, they create a push/pressure to buy the plan -- Quite Annoying. After the purchase of the policy, even for a single piece of information/correction request, their response becomes quite normal or sometimes very slow. I have a fear of whether they are really going to help in the Claim Settlement of my Term Plan to my family or not?

:cry:

That's why I just thought to explore Ditto for health insurance this time other than Policybazaar.
Anyways, Thank you for sharing your detailed experience of 3 years. It will really help me to decide on the right platform. Thank you!
Direct is my reco

Aman Verma

KF Rookie
Also now a days, Beshak is doing well. So the main comparison will be in between - direct insurer vs Policy bazaar vs Ditto vs Beshak. Which one will be best?
Yes, you're right.

Really need some on-the-ground reality and fact-based personal experiences here to solve this comparison cube..
So, if anyone knows anything related please share your experiences and help us as well as this community to find the right channel for their insurance journey.

Thanks in Advance!