Query about credit card limits

(1)How overlimit in credit card works? Suppose i have fd backed onecard with 2000 limit. If i want to buy 3000rs product can i pre pay 1000 (so new limit is 2000+1000). ? Is it possible? How much pre payment is possible?

(2)I have five icici cc each 4.6 lakh limit. Does it mean i can use 23 lakh? Or is it cumulative limit for one customer ID only?

Skylar

KF Master
(1)How overlimit in credit card works? Suppose i have fd backed onecard with 2000 limit. If i want to buy 3000rs product can i pre pay 1000 (so new limit is 2000+1000). ? Is it possible? How much pre payment is possible?
Overlimit is not available on FD cards of OneCard :unsure:
Which bank issued you that card?

- Overlimit on unsecured cards, you have to enable overlimit and bank will let you use anywhere between 5% to 10% extra over your limit and you'll be charged for that extra usage.

Overlimit is not available on FD cards of OneCard :unsure:
Which bank issued you that card?

- Overlimit on unsecured cards, you have to enable overlimit and bank will let you use anywhere between 5% to 10% extra over your limit and you'll be charged for that extra usage.
Sbm one card. Currently it is fd backed. Opened xfor cibil score generation. Now cibil is healthy. So can i get more limit? Or should i close one card and re-apply with higher limit?

Skylar

KF Master
Sbm one card. Currently it is fd backed. Opened xfor cibil score generation. Now cibil is healthy. So can i get more limit? Or should i close one card and re-apply with higher limit?
If you close one card it is very hard to get it again.
Credit limit is totally dependent on income while Appling and Limit enhancement dependent on spending after you get the card.