Query regarding small cap & mid cap

I am going to start investing in mutual funds…what I understood is if we want to go for long run then small cap is better but have high risk…so my question is-
1- Is small cap is better if i want to invest for 10years? Is it risky?
2- If i’ll go for mid cap then i am thinking for invesco or nippon, any suggestions?
3- Is there any other good options apart from small or mid cap?

wcgxlr8

KF Mentor
I am going to start investing in mutual funds…what I understood is if we want to go for long run then small cap is better but have high risk…so my question is-
2- If i’ll go for mid cap then i am thinking for invesco or nippon, any suggestions?
It depends on your risk appetite. Most actively managed funds fail to beat passive funds (which mimic the index). If you are not aiming for outrageous returns, I suggest to stick to passive small cap funds. But yes, small cap is riskier than mid and large cap.

It depends on your risk appetite. Most actively managed funds fail to beat passive funds (which mimic the index). If you are not aiming for outrageous returns, I suggest to stick to passive small cap funds. But yes, small cap is riskier than mid and large cap.
I don’t want to take much risk, that’s why i am looking for suggestions….

wcgxlr8

KF Mentor
I don’t want to take much risk, that’s why i am looking for suggestions….
Not a financial advise, you should do your research before investing: Having said that, if I were you, I would split this as 10% large cap index fund, 40% small cap index fund and 50% flexicap funds ( passive wherever possible). if you want a safer alternative, use a high interest bank FD.

Balkrishna

KF Rookie
Tata digital or sbi focused Equity fund direct growth

zacobite

KF Mentor
Long term above 5 yrs.. mid small cap is gd option...

1- For 10 years you can go for Flexicap funds instead of Small Cap. Less risky than Small Cap.
2- Nippon will be a good choice.
3- You can go for ETFs like Goldbees, Niftybees, Pharmabees, etc.
You have to make your own decisions. This are few suggestions given by me.

If you're new to investing, it'll be better if you start with any index fund than small & midcap fund. If you are going for midcaps, quant will be better but keep in mind, midcap will be much volatile. flexicap or multi asset funds are other options