RC Transfer is Pending but Insurance need to be renewed meanwhile

mukund786

KF Ace
Hi bekifaayti family.
Hope everyone is learning from each other :)
I have a confusion regarding my car insurance which I want to discuss with you guys
I had bought a second hand car on 30th August 2024. RC Transfer is still pending meaning the current owner is still First Owner of the car.
RC Transfer usually takes upto 30 days. but Car Insurance is due on 18th September 2024 which needs to renewed.
Should I renew the current Insurance which first owner was having ? or I should have a different insurance now on my name? again RC is still on the name of Car's First Owner

do let me know your own thoughts.
I will really appreciate your opinions

Attachments

• RC Transfer Status Pending 2.JPG
    RC Transfer Status Pending 2.JPG
    107 KB · Views: 5
  • RC Transfer Status Pending 1.JPG
    RC Transfer Status Pending 1.JPG
    217.2 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

zacobite

KF Mentor
18th Aug is in the past.. Now wait for RC transfer and then buy insurance.. they will do inspection and then give u insurance.. If u are talking about 18th Sept then ask old owner to renew so that old ncb is carried forward and then after RC transfer get it chgd to ur name..

mukund786

KF Ace
18th Aug is in the past.. Now wait for RC transfer and then buy insurance.. they will do inspection and then give u insurance.. If u are talking about 18th Sept then ask old owner to renew so that old ncb is carried forward and then after RC transfer get it chgd to ur name..
It's third party insurance through IFFCO TOKIO. which is valid till 18th September 2025. while buying the car. it was decided that I will bear the insurance renewal cost. so in this case should I ask him regarding ncb and then pay the renewal fees by my end ?

zacobite

KF Mentor
It's third party insurance through IFFCO TOKIO. which is valid till 18th September 2025. while buying the car. it was decided that I will bear the insurance renewal cost. so in this case should I ask him regarding ncb and then pay the renewal fees by my end ?
third party insurance u can buy anytime.. with no issues.. self damage will become difficult if policy lapses.. u say 2025? hope u mean 2024..u cannot buy it if car not on ur name.. he can buy.. u pay him.. and then transfer later / nxt yr

mukund786

KF Ace
third party insurance u can buy anytime.. with no issues.. self damage will become difficult if policy lapses.. u say 2025? hope u mean 2024..u cannot buy it if car not on ur name.. he can buy.. u pay him.. and then transfer later / nxt yr
Hi bro thanks a lot for your suggestion so far. I have had a conversation with Car Owner and he told me that after having some claim delay issue with IFFCO TOKIO. he got new Insurance on 18th September 2023 from HDFC ERGO. which needs to be renewed today. and its OD policy from HDFC ERGO which is bit expensive. annual premium is 16363. I had a conversation with HDFC ERGO customer care. and they said its a lengthy process to get the name changed on Policy. and they suggested to apply for new insurance once I have RC on my name. and leave previous insurance & let it expire. what's your suggestion on this ?

zacobite

KF Mentor
Hi bro thanks a lot for your suggestion so far. I have had a conversation with Car Owner and he told me that after having some claim delay issue with IFFCO TOKIO. he got new Insurance on 18th September 2023 from HDFC ERGO. which needs to be renewed today. and its OD policy from HDFC ERGO which is bit expensive. annual premium is 16363. I had a conversation with HDFC ERGO customer care. and they said its a lengthy process to get the name changed on Policy. and they suggested to apply for new insurance once I have RC on my name. and leave previous insurance & let it expire. what's your suggestion on this ?
if old policy has no ncb then fine... No issues.. but after policy lapses the premium can be even higher... so what if process is long.. atleast car will remain insured

mukund786

KF Ace
if old policy has no ncb then fine... No issues.. but after policy lapses the premium can be even higher... so what if process is long.. atleast car will remain insured
are you sure if this one lapse then new insurance policy will be even more expensive for me ? today is the last day for renewal. I asked first owner and he said yes there might be some No Claim Bonus. I really need to have a clarity on this today so that I can pay for renewal and avoid high premium. I really appreciate your help so far bro. but really need your response today. really expecting your response by today. thanks a lot 🙏

zacobite

KF Mentor
are you sure if this one lapse then new insurance policy will be even more expensive for me ? today is the last day for renewal. I asked first owner and he said yes there might be some No Claim Bonus. I really need to have a clarity on this today so that I can pay for renewal and avoid high premium. I really appreciate your help so far bro. but really need your response today. really expecting your response by today. thanks a lot 🙏
it can / will become expensive and conditional to physical examination / surveyor etc..not guaranteed