Regarding AMEX MR on EMI

_Mayank_

KF Ace
Hi everyone,

I have never used the no-cost EMI option or any EMI option on credit cards till now. I do know that no-cost EMI is a scam. But here is the question:
I have an AMEX Gold card and I am willing to purchase an iPhone through it. I know that if I buy from the merchant on No-Cost EMI, I won't get the MR but if I purchase it directly without an EMI from the merchant and later convert it to EMI internally from AMEX App, can I retain those points?

Thanks

zacobite

KF Mentor
Hi everyone,

I have never used the no-cost EMI option or any EMI option on credit cards till now. I do know that no-cost EMI is a scam. But here is the question:
I have an AMEX Gold card and I am willing to purchase an iPhone through it. I know that if I buy from the merchant on No-Cost EMI, I won't get the MR but if I purchase it directly without an EMI from the merchant and later convert it to EMI internally from AMEX App, can I retain those points?

Thanks
points will be reversed

wcgxlr8

KF Mentor
I think you can get MR points if you opt for EMI using safekey or Amex app (instead of at POS/merchant), However, this will not be a No-Cost EMI and there will be interest charged.

_Mayank_

KF Ace
I think you can get MR points if you opt for EMI using safekey or Amex app (instead of at POS/merchant), However, this will not be a No-Cost EMI and there will be interest charged.
Yes, I do understand that if I used SafeKey or Amex App, there will be an interest and it works for me until I am getting points even if converting to EMI