Restriction on govt employees in stock market

arjungoyal12

KF Mentor
That's a new thing to me. But around April I heard and read a news that Govt. Employee are allowed to indulge in stock market investing now but occasionally only. I really thought that they weren't allowed to invest in stocks till then

Vikeshi

KF Rookie
I know, long term investmenting is allowed. But I wants to know about different methods of bypassing this rule (such as if it can be done through spouse or mother's account or by any other means?) because I wants to continue with frequent swing trades or intraday in cash market (because these short term speculative trades are not allowed to govt employees)

arjungoyal12

KF Mentor
Yes, I think you can do it. But still you have to be careful about it. Also, you might have to fill IT of your Mother or Wife because it will be their income that will be generated through profits

That's a new thing to me. But around April I heard and read a news that Govt. Employee are allowed to indulge in stock market investing now but occasionally only. I really thought that they weren't allowed to invest in stocks till then
I dont think there is any such rule or law, if there is , then would like to know about it more