Rupay Credit Card transaction limit

beingsarab

KF Rookie
Hi all

I'm looking for an information if somebody has an idea, did recently like in this week, any changes happened wrt Rupay credit card transactions on UPI?
I'm unable to make a transaction after I make one single transaction of 2000 from one card. So in total I have 3 Rupay cards and I could only make 6000 rupees transactions, after that not even 100 rupees transaction is going through.

can anybody help? facing similar issue?

thanks

Rupay Credit Cards on UPI, there will be no charge for transactions up to ₹2,000 But more than 2000 MDR Charged by the merchant.
MDR(Merchant Discount Rate) It is a fee Charged by a bank in order to accepting payment from customers.

beingsarab

KF Rookie
Rupay Credit Cards on UPI, there will be no charge for transactions up to ₹2,000 But more than 2000 MDR Charged by the merchant.
MDR(Merchant Discount Rate) It is a fee Charged by a bank in order to accepting payment from customers.
But my payments are being declined automatically... theres nothing like Merchant is doing anythung

beingsarab

KF Rookie
I didnt see the above explanation anywhere but I found this today when I was using this app... its strange... I'm unable to make any transaction now to small merchant

zack54

KF Mentor
You can check your rupay card limits in the card control settings. May be the set daily limit for the card is set lower.

ShavirB

Founder
Staff member
Hi, probably the issue is because you're trying to upload QR code from your gallery. NPCI has stipulated a limit of Rs. 2000 when you upload QR code from Gallery to UPI App. You could try to send QR code to other device and then try to scan using your phone camera.

Hi, probably the issue is because you're trying to upload QR code from your gallery. NPCI has stipulated a limit of Rs. 2000 when you upload QR code from Gallery to UPI App. You could try to send QR code to other device and then try to scan using your phone camera.
Already tried but facing the same issue.

I am facing the same issue from last 3 days, look in the screenshot .View attachment 337
The most common reason for this error is not having enough balance in your linked bank account . or Sometimes, technical issues with the UPI platform, your bank's server, or the payment gateway can cause this error. Some more reasons are- If you entered an incorrect UPI PIN multiple times, it could result in a failed transaction or If you entered an incorrect UPI ID for the recipient, the transaction would not go through. Temporary issues with the bank's servers or maintenance activities can also cause transaction failures.

Skylar

KF Master
National Payment Corporation of India (the body which manages UPI) has implemented checks on credit card transactions across all payment platforms to keep your account safe.

This check is applicable on transactions across all UPI apps

In last 24 hours, the total amount of transactions made to small merchants is capped at ₹2000 (₹6000 for weekends and public holidays)

This limit is only applicable for small businesses and merchants categorised by NPCI.

Last edited:
Hi all

I'm looking for an information if somebody has an idea, did recently like in this week, any changes happened wrt Rupay credit card transactions on UPI?
I'm unable to make a transaction after I make one single transaction of 2000 from one card. So in total I have 3 Rupay cards and I could only make 6000 rupees transactions, after that not even 100 rupees transaction is going through.

thanks
it mostly depends on the merchnats

beingsarab

KF Rookie
National Payment Corporation of India (the body which manages UPI) has implemented checks on credit card transactions across all payment platforms to keep your account safe.

This check is applicable on transactions across all UPI apps

In last 24 hours, the total amount of transactions made to small merchants is capped at ₹2000 (₹6000 for weekends and public holidays)

This limit is only applicable for small businesses and merchants categorised by NPCI.
this explanation is legit, I got to see this error now. I feel this limitation has come into place recently and this is serious! wastage of Rupay as Credit card

this explanation is legit, I got to see this error now. I feel this limitation has come into place recently and this is serious! wastage of Rupay as Credit card
Credit card is for genuine merchant payment. Not for free bank transfer through credit card.

Big merchants - RuPay Credit Card on UPI limit is 10 lakhs per day and 5 lakhs per transactions.

Small merchants - 2k limit is enough for single merchants or small merchant within 24hrs and 6k limit for weekends and public holidays.

If your mentality is to transfer money for free using a RuPay credit card on UPI, then RuPay credit card is 100% waste for you. But if you are genuine customer then you should not have any problem.

Rishiiiii50

KF Rookie
Credit card is for genuine merchant payment. Not for free bank transfer through credit card.

Big merchants - RuPay Credit Card on UPI limit is 10 lakhs per day and 5 lakhs per transactions.

Small merchants - 2k limit is enough for single merchants or small merchant within 24hrs and 6k limit for weekends and public holidays.

If your mentality is to transfer money for free using a RuPay credit card on UPI, then RuPay credit card is 100% waste for you. But if you are genuine customer then you should not have any problem.
Then for how long we have to wait because if we are at the shop to purchase something and this happens what can we do?

Rishiiiii50

KF Rookie

And i think bank is not allowing us the transactions on card which gives good reward points card like kotak league gives very few points but it never shows this message of failure

zacobite

KF Mentor
Hi all

thanks
UPI on CC is meant for small transactions.. too many large ones are not encouraged.. bank account transfer will be allowed..

UPI on CC is meant for small transactions.. too many large ones are not encouraged.. bank account transfer will be allowed..
Many people are doing large amount of transaction through CC on UPI.

CC on UPI is only for merchant transactions. CC on UPI will never allow for bank transfer.