Save fuel

SamSword

KF Rookie
Generator lagake wo EV charge karenge
No my friend, On average, an electric two-wheeler can consume 3 to 3.5 units of electricity per charge, which equates to an average cost of ₹10 per electricity unit. Charging expenses for electric bikes can vary depending on the charging location, whether it's at home or on the go.

SamSword

KF Rookie
Most electric vehicles can cover up to 100 kilometres with 15 kWh. Their low energy loss makes means that they are not very energy intensive. While petrol or diesel engines convert a maximum of 35 % of this energy into driving force, an electric car reaches 90 % and more.

SamSword

KF Rookie
This means that charging your electric car at a public station could cost you between Rs 100 and Rs 200, and charging at home may range from Rs 180 to Rs 500. The time needed to charge an electric car depends on factors like the car model, battery size, and the charging speed of the point.

Skylar

KF Master
This means that charging your electric car at a public station could cost you between Rs 100 and Rs 200, and charging at home may range from Rs 180 to Rs 500. The time needed to charge an electric car depends on factors like the car model, battery size, and the charging speed of the point.
Most electric vehicles can cover up to 100 kilometres with 15 kWh. Their low energy loss makes means that they are not very energy intensive. While petrol or diesel engines convert a maximum of 35 % of this energy into driving force, an electric car reaches 90 % and more.
No my friend, On average, an electric two-wheeler can consume 3 to 3.5 units of electricity per charge, which equates to an average cost of ₹10 per electricity unit. Charging expenses for electric bikes can vary depending on the charging location, whether it's at home or on the go.
I have TVS iQube bought in nov 2022 and TVS raider April 2022

Comparative Analysis of Total Cost of Ownership for TVS iQube Electric Scooter and TVS Raider Petrol Motorcycle Over a Five-Year Period

TVS iQube Electric Scooter

- Initial Purchase Cost: ₹1,35,000
- Warranty: 3 years or 1,00,000 kilometers
- Maintenance Costs: Estimated at ₹20,000 for five years (including servicing and tire replacements)
- Battery Cost: ₹75,000 (estimated replacement cost after warranty expiration and if my time is bad, it gets damaged)
- Estimated Charging Cost: ₹20,000 for 5 years
Total Estimated Cost Over Five Years: ₹2,60,000

*Note: I added very less electricity cost for 5years, it can be way more.

TVS Raider Petrol Motorcycle​

- Initial Purchase Cost: ₹1,29,000
- Fuel Cost: Approximately ₹25,000 per year (Milage: 58, Assume fuel cost is 130/Lt)
- Estimated Maintenance Costs: ₹20,000 for five years

Total Estimated Cost Over Five Years: ₹2,79,000

Conclusion​

While the TVS iQube offers potential fuel savings through electric operation, the higher initial cost and substantial battery replacement expense result in a comparable overall cost of ownership to the petrol-powered TVS Raider over a five-year period.

Limitations:
- Range: iQube electric vehicle has a range of 100 km, but you want to ensure you have at least 40 km left to return home. So, you shouldn’t take it for a ride longer than 40 km to avoid running out of charge.

- The charging time for your iQube is 4.5 hours. It’s essential to plan ahead and charge it in advance to avoid any inconvenience.

- Servicing Costs: People think electric vehicle has zero Maintenace but!
Free Service: TVS charged me ₹450 for free service.
Paid Service: was around ₹1260. (Could be more and they force you to take AMC)

- Tyre Replacement: The cost of a new tyre is ₹1690.
Labour charges to change the tyre ₹900. all tother charges and GST added just back tyre change costed me 3k

Last edited: