SBI cashback application declined

Shelly

KF Rookie
I applied for SBI cashback card on 17/07 through SBI card official website.
After online process was completed, I started getting verification calls from some third-party agents who had access to my whole application.
I was redundant at first but then completed that process as well and e-signed the declaration.

Didn't get any correspondence from SBI's official phone number or email and I waited for 2-3 weeks.
Now I checked that application is declined.

My credit score while applying was 765 and now is 805.

What could have gone wrong?

I was recently also declined the Jupiter CC - which is LTF.

Shelly

KF Rookie
CRED
I understand now that it might not be very credible so checked CIBIL and it is currently 772, don't know about 1 month ago but I am positive it wouldn't be under 750+, which is still good!

Shelly

KF Rookie
Yea, I know I know.
Any leads on why SBI applications can get rejected?
I called in their IVR and they mentioned "this service can not be made available to you right now and is not a reflection on your credit standing."

Shelly

KF Rookie
Here you go.
Thanks!

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2024-08-17 at 21.48.21_e2cc67b8.jpg
    WhatsApp Image 2024-08-17 at 21.48.21_e2cc67b8.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 25

Skylar

KF Master
Bro, you can see it, for online applications credit age should be at least 9 months (12 months recommended)
- Now wait for 6 months before applying for new cards, or try you luck applying to them offline with ITR or salary slip.

Skylar

KF Master
Aaah! :(
But LTF or Jupiter should be beginner friendly, shouldn't they?

Any recommendations?
Lifetime Free (LTF) does not necessarily imply that it is beginner-friendly. Loans are granted based on credit history, and banks often process credit card applications online without stringent document verification. Consequently, individuals with longer credit histories are more likely to be approved.

Regarding Jupiter, it is a fintech company, while the credit card is issued by CSB Bank. Therefore, the bank’s norms and regulations will apply.

Recommendation: Wait until your credit history exceeds 12 months, or apply offline with your Income Tax Return (ITR) or salary slip.

zacobite

KF Mentor
don't be in such a hurry.. u are applying too fast.. any special need you have to have multiple cards? Wait for a bit.. choose cards wisely basis your spends... then you can make value.. don't rush and take anything that comes... please study the impact.. eg.. to many cards.. sbi will always decline your card...