SBI Cashback CC

iamPrince

KF Expert
I have applied for SBI Cashback CC and my card got approved today with a Credit Limit of 20000 only. The card has charges of 999+GST in both Joining and Annual fee (which comes out to Rs1200+ per annum) which I guess I wont be able to recover with this shit credit limit. I am planning to not activate the card leading to closure of the card after 30 days.
Any advice ??

Last edited:

zacobite

KF Mentor
I have applied for SBI Cashback CC and my card got approved today with a Credit Limit of 20000 only. The card has charges of 999+GST in both Joining and Annual fee (which comes out to Rs2400+ per annum) which I guess I wont be able to recover with this shit credit limit. I am planning to not activate the card leading to closure of the card after 30 days.
Any advice ??
joining and annual fee.. are u sure.. its usually only one of them.. also there are many restrictions on the use.. so chk that before you plan spends..20k is exactly where u will recover the 1k in month 1 itself #5%

iamPrince

KF Expert
joining and annual fee.. are u sure.. its usually only one of them.. also there are many restrictions on the use.. so chk that before you plan spends..20k is exactly where u will recover the 1k in month 1 itself #5%
Ya. it is clearly mentioned for SBI Cashback CC 999+Tax for joining and the same amount as annual fees. The annual fees will be reversed if I spent 2lacs in a near. My total limit for the year will be 2.4lacs (20000 * 12), how can I spend 2lacs in a year which is 84% of the credit limit 🤣

Your card will be charged ₹999+GST only once in a year, Joining Fee will be charged in 1st statement and same amount Annual Fee will be charged from 2nd year onwards

zacobite

KF Mentor
Ya. it is clearly mentioned for SBI Cashback CC 999+Tax for joining and the same amount as annual fees. The annual fees will be reversed if I spent 2lacs in a near. My total limit for the year will be 2.4lacs (20000 * 12), how can I spend 2lacs in a year which is 84% of the credit limit 🤣
so not 2400 per annum.. ok. cool.. u have to spend 20k and earn 5% and ur fee is covered.. after that every thing is pluss... dont look at 2L spend.. look at 20k for 5% return..

iamPrince

KF Expert
so not 2400 per annum.. ok. cool.. u have to spend 20k and earn 5% and ur fee is covered.. after that every thing is pluss... dont look at 2L spend.. look at 20k for 5% return..
Oh I just realized the mistake in the post.
Correction its Rs 1200+ fees per annum 😅
My spend is not that uniform sometimes in every month. Plus that card will be not applicable for the upcoming sale in Amazon and Flipkart.
And for me increasing limit also is very difficult, for ref I am using SBI SimplySave CC for almost a year now, I got that card with 1lac Credit Limit and still havent received any kind of limit enhancement.
Is it possible to ask the Customer Care to increase the Credit Limit before activation ??

zacobite

KF Mentor
My spend is not that uniform sometimes in every month. Plus that card will be not applicable for the upcoming sale in Amazon and Flipkart.
And for me increasing limit also is very difficult, for ref I am using SBI SimplySave CC for almost a year now, I got that card with 1lac Credit Limit and still havent received any kind of limit enhancement.
Is it possible to ask the Customer Care to increase the Credit Limit before activation ??
no harm in asking...

iamPrince

KF Expert
no harm in asking...
Just had a call with the SBI Customer Care, previously I was having a SimplySave Rupay card with a credit limit of 1lac, they have now swapped the amount. So now my Cashback CC has a limit of 1lac and that SimplySave has 20k.
After few days I will request again to increase the limit of the SimplySave as I am using it for a year now and havent got any limit enhancement yet, so again I will transfer the amount and close that card 😅

hitirfan

KF Mentor
If u have 1L CL im Simply Save them you can ask for Credit Split. Increase in Cashback amd decrease in SimplySave

@zacobite @hitirfan Got my SimplyClick card recently but the limit (62K) is not much looking to buy several electronics items this festive season, Can/Should I request for LE through limit increase option under benefits section ? My only worry is what if they reduce Limit instead of increasing as I got my card recently and haven't spent even a single rupee

zacobite

KF Mentor
@zacobite @hitirfan Got my SimplyClick card recently but the limit (62K) is not much looking to buy several electronics items this festive season, Can/Should I request for LE through limit increase option under benefits section ? My only worry is what if they reduce Limit instead of increasing as I got my card recently and haven't spent even a single rupee
u can try on phone call.. u have enough limit to buy as there is a cashback limit for the sale.. it is not unlimited.. u can always payback and use again.. new cards generally wont get LE so quickly.. but u can still chk

rk2354976

KF Rookie
I had simply click with 2.09 lac limit and applied for cashback cc, I got 79k limit then I also asked to the customer care they had adjusted my limit with simply click, so I had requested then to increase cashback cc limit and kept only 80k limit in simplyclick, after 3-4 months they had reduced my cashback cc limit to 69k only and not increased simply click limit, so overall my total limit got decreased. So be careful. And after that when I asked them to adjust the limit then they denied to do so.

iamPrince

KF Expert
Yes the limit is enough but if i buy all the items i want to buy Credit Utilization will go over 60%

Seen in the last few sales that per card instant discount limit reset after 2-3 days so same card can be used again to get instant discount
Hey I would also suggest to pay some of the bill amount after the transaction and use the card again. I did the same in last year. Asking for limit enhancement will not work. It all depends on them. Check the app frequently they might roll out something after usage.

iamPrince

KF Expert
I had simply click with 2.09 lac limit and applied for cashback cc, I got 79k limit then I also asked to the customer care they had adjusted my limit with simply click, so I had requested then to increase cashback cc limit and kept only 80k limit in simplyclick, after 3-4 months they had reduced my cashback cc limit to 69k only and not increased simply click limit, so overall my total limit got decreased. So be careful. And after that when I asked them to adjust the limit then they denied to do so.
OMG Wtf 😯