SBI Credit card application status

vinay93

KF Rookie
Hi,

I have received a call for sbi representative saying if i am interested in applying for credit card. I was actually looking for a credit card and agreed. She took some basic info and told me an agent will come for verification and a person came took phone and did some aadhar authentication. Later i got a call explaining the details and benefits of the card. In that call i signed some docs digitally and the agent on call said application is in process. Few days later received another call saying verification and he confirmed all my details and said confirmed successfully. I checked the status of card after a day and my card is in rejected status. Called the first sbi representative and she said there is a mismatch in address and in fact i made a mistake in giving door number. she said she will apply again and this time with correct door number it wont be rejected. Since i need a credit card badly, i agreed for the same. All the process happened again except the last verification call. Now the weird part is when i am checking the application status for the card it is showing that i am entering incorrect application number. I have the application number and when i enter first, i get otp on my mobile and when i see status it is saying incorrect application.

Dont know what to do know. If you think this looks stupid, please ignore my stupidity and help me how i can proceed

Skylar

KF Master
Hi,

I have received a call for sbi representative saying if i am interested in applying for credit card. I was actually looking for a credit card and agreed. She took some basic info and told me an agent will come for verification and a person came took phone and did some aadhar authentication. Later i got a call explaining the details and benefits of the card. In that call i signed some docs digitally and the agent on call said application is in process. Few days later received another call saying verification and he confirmed all my details and said confirmed successfully. I checked the status of card after a day and my card is in rejected status. Called the first sbi representative and she said there is a mismatch in address and in fact i made a mistake in giving door number. she said she will apply again and this time with correct door number it wont be rejected. Since i need a credit card badly, i agreed for the same. All the process happened again except the last verification call. Now the weird part is when i am checking the application status for the card it is showing that i am entering incorrect application number. I have the application number and when i enter first, i get otp on my mobile and when i see status it is saying incorrect application.

Dont know what to do know. If you think this looks stupid, please ignore my stupidity and help me how i can proceed
Firstly, it’s important to note that the person who applied for your card is an agent, not directly affiliated with the bank. Their primary goal is to collect as many applications as possible and earn commissions. Unfortunately, they often fill out incorrect details without properly checking what you sent them.

To address this issue, I recommend contacting ‘SBI Cards’ customer support (please note that ‘SBI Cards’ is different from ‘SBI Bank’). Ask them to review the application details. If possible, request corrections. Alternatively, inquire about deleting the existing application. For your next application, consider applying directly through their official website without involving these 3rd party agents.