SBI CREDIT CARD OFFICER MISLED THEN PROCESS APPLICATION DECLINE

Hi ,

A few days ago I got a call from a sales person of SBI. He told me about a pre approved credit card and said that I would have to pay the joining fees which would be 500 rupees and for this I would get an Amazon voucher. At first I did not believe it, then when I asked for my personal details he told me my PAN card number. Then I believed it, after that he processed the application, after that I got a call and the officer told me about Simply Click card and Simply Save, I said I want Simply Click on AMX network but the officer applied for Simply Save on Rupay credit network for which I don't even get a voucher of Rs.500 welcome benifits.

After some time the application got rejected due to bank's internal policy. Now I am telling the bank about their officer's mistake but they are not listening.

The recording was shared with great difficulty as it can be clearly heard that consent was given for a card and which card was applied for. After that they again shared the application with the team that such application should be reconsidered.

Tell me how can I escalate the matter and then what solution can the bank give me. Will they cancel the inquiry or will they take action against the employee.

Thanks

Raj2708

KF Expert
If you raise a grivenances on sbi cards then they will escalate to the employee and ask the reason.
Try escalation to their senior. If possible otherwise mail them.
But as it's rejected I don't think they will reactivate that application again.
I think after applying a agent call and verify the details after that they offer you some card variant with proper details to opt for. Have you gone to that process?
What's their response??

I also feel the same that the application will not open, these people will just mail me after 2-3 days saying that we have sent it to the team but you are still not eligible.

But I am ready to tell them that I don't even need the card, they just lied, so action should be taken against them by these people and the inquiry should be removed. In the name of pre-approval, they make the customers crazy and complete their target, they do not care about anyone's cibil or anything.

I thank you from the bottom of my heart for your valuable time.

Skylar

KF Master
The recording was shared with great difficulty as it can be clearly heard that consent was given for a card and which card was applied for. After that they again shared the application with the team that such application should be reconsidered.
Regardless of your concern, the card network is not the issue here. If a RuPay card is declined, any other network card will also be rejected. It is advisable to inquire about the specific reason for the rejection rather than blaming the card network.

It is not appropriate to blame the agent for the mistake. You requested a specific network, and you could have checked the website to see if it was available before giving your consent to apply for the card. If you are concerned about your CIBIL score and hard inquiries, it would be better to verify such details beforehand rather than expressing frustration towards the agent who processed the application.

Regardless of your concern, the card network is not the issue here. If a RuPay card is declined, any other network card will also be rejected. It is advisable to inquire about the specific reason for the rejection rather than blaming the card network.

It is not appropriate to blame the agent for the mistake. You requested a specific network, and you could have checked the website to see if it was available before giving your consent to apply for the card. If you are concerned about your CIBIL score and hard inquiries, it would be better to verify such details beforehand rather than expressing frustration towards the agent who processed the application.
Thanks for valuable time I know how to escalate the matter. If you lie then it makes a difference, the bank declines the card as per its policy, I can understand that, but you have no right to play with someone's CIBIL by lying. Also, their officer told me that Simply Click card will be available at AMX.I did not say that it was the agent's fault as he applied for the card without the customer's consent.