SBI Elite Annual Fee Reversal

Batook

KF Rookie
I have been levied an Annual fee 4,999 + IGST 899.82, and the SBI phone customer care team has advised that I must pay this in the current statement and it will be automatically reversed in the next statement as I qualify for spend based reversal. Has anyone else had a similar experience and is this standard process for SBI? I was expecting the reversal to happen in the same statement. I have written to their customer care team separately to confirm and awaiting a response. Comments appreciated. Thanks.

abhimarda

KF Mentor
I have been levied an Annual fee 4,999 + IGST 899.82, and the SBI phone customer care team has advised that I must pay this in the current statement and it will be automatically reversed in the next statement as I qualify for spend based reversal. Has anyone else had a similar experience and is this standard process for SBI? I was expecting the reversal to happen in the same statement. I have written to their customer care team separately to confirm and awaiting a response. Comments appreciated. Thanks.
I was charged annual fees for SBI cashback card even though I had met the fee reversal criteria. I called customer care and they confirmed that it will be reversed in next billing cycle. And indeed it was reversed along with GST in next cycle. This was Jan'24. So if you have met the reversal criteria it will get reversed.

Last edited:

zacobite

KF Mentor
this is crap.. they should not charge u only... raise with nodal...this happens when fee is chgd and u ask for a waiver.. NOT where you have met spend criteria!!!

rk2354976

KF Ace
In SBI cards, it happens they first charge the amount in the statement, then after 10-15 days it get reversed if met with spend based criteria, same happened with me for Simplyclick card

spal_98

KF Rookie
In SBI cards, it happens they first charge the amount in the statement, then after 10-15 days it get reversed if met with spend based criteria, same happened with me for Simplyclick card
I also hav simply click, same thing happened with me