SBI Simply Save Credit Card

TheHindu

KF Ace
Hello Experts,
Good Morning!
I am looking for a guidance regarding applying for an SBI Cashback Credit Card.
I already have SBI Simply Save Credit Card with a limit of 170000, since last 8+ years. It has annual charges of Rs.499+GST
I wish to close it and instead apply for CashBack card. So my questions are....
1. Should I close my 8+ years old SBI simply save credit card before applying for Cashback card?
2. There is no option in SBI CC mobile application to upgrade existing simply save to cashback.
3. Can that be lifetime free? If yes, how?
4 How it will affect my credit score?
5. I am salaried person with 90000 pm
6. Direct application from SBI website is advisable?

Please suggest me the best possible option which has higher chances of success!

Thank you all in advance!

zacobite

KF Mentor
Hello Experts,
Good Morning!
I am looking for a guidance regarding applying for an SBI Cashback Credit Card.
I already have SBI Simply Save Credit Card with a limit of 170000, since last 8+ years. It has annual charges of Rs.499+GST
I wish to close it and instead apply for CashBack card. So my questions are....
1. Should I close my 8+ years old SBI simply save credit card before applying for Cashback card?
2. There is no option in SBI CC mobile application to upgrade existing simply save to cashback.
3. Can that be lifetime free? If yes, how?
4 How it will affect my credit score?
5. I am salaried person with 90000 pm
6. Direct application from SBI website is advisable?

Please suggest me the best possible option which has higher chances of success!

Thank you all in advance!
Call CC and ask for upgrade / swap.
Don't cancel
Even if not LTF SBI CB is a great card if u have the spends.. fee will be recovered easily

zacobite

KF Mentor
Thank You so much. Let me try calling their customer service!
and if u use sbi cards during amz fk sales then SBI CB won't be eligible.. simply click will be.. so maybe keep that also if u can even if it is with shared limit.. try and get simply click to become free..

TheHindu

KF Ace
and if u use sbi cards during amz fk sales then SBI CB won't be eligible.. simply click will be.. so maybe keep that also if u can even if it is with shared limit.. try and get simply
and if u use sbi cards during amz fk sales then SBI CB won't be eligible.. simply click will be.. so maybe keep that also if u can even if it is with shared limit.. try and get simply click to become free..
Yes Let me do this! Thanks,
click to become free..

You can apply it from SBI YONO application or the SBI Website.

But wait until the Flipkart and Amazon sales are announced, to avail 10% instant discount.

Afterwards don't close your SBI card, instead ask them to upgrade your sbi cc to cashback cc, this way your credit score won't impacted.

TheHindu

KF Ace
You can apply it from SBI YONO application or the SBI Website.

But wait until the Flipkart and Amazon sales are announced, to avail 10% instant discount.

Afterwards don't close your SBI card, instead ask them to upgrade your sbi cc to cashback cc, this way your credit score won't impacted.
Thank you for your advice. But I did not get your logic behind Holding off until Flipkar and Amazon Sales? Because I am not going to close my existing Simply Save Card. So still I will require to hold off for my new application?

TheHindu

KF Ace
Haven't they upgraded your simply save card to ltf?
No! So, can that be done? If yes, how? Please advice! So that I can do both of that simultaneously. Converting my SimplySave in LTF as well as apply for new CashBack CC if they dont allow me to upgrade.

No! So, can that be done? If yes, how? Please advice! So that I can do both of that simultaneously. Converting my SimplySave in LTF as well as apply for new CashBack CC if they dont allow me to upgrade.
Yess, you can call the customer care and ask them to make it ltf since you have been using the card for 8 years. If they don't do that, you can ask them to close the card (but actually don't close if you don't want to) and they might make it ltf then. Let me know whatever is the outcome.