Seeking Advice on Porting Family Floater Health Insurance from Star Health to Reliance Health Gain

Maitri Maniya

KF Expert
Hello everyone,

I've had a family floater health insurance policy with Star Health since 2029, covering my parents and brother. Recently, our agent suggested we port this policy to a Reliance Health Gain policy with a sum assured of 15 lakhs.

I'm based in Surat and would appreciate any insights or experiences you may have regarding this transition. Is this a good move? What should I consider before making a decision?

amitaries17

KF Rookie
Chose your port company wisely. You may do by your own also. Here are some good insurance companies for reference, Aditya Birla Health Insurance, Niva Bupa, HDFC Ergo, Bajaj Health, Apollo Munich, etc.

AlertsByVivek

KF Expert
Hello everyone,

I've had a family floater health insurance policy with Star Health since 2029, covering my parents and brother. Recently, our agent suggested we port this policy to a Reliance Health Gain policy with a sum assured of 15 lakhs.

I'm based in Surat and would appreciate any insights or experiences you may have regarding this transition. Is this a good move? What should I consider before making a decision?
Reliance Health Insurance will become Indusind Health Insurance soon.

Just be careful with this Reliance company as it belongs to Anil Ambani and not with his Mota bhai. All his companies have gone down the drain. Better stick with standard companies like Bajaj, HDFC, Niva Bupa etc.

AlertsByVivek

KF Expert
Just be careful with this Reliance company as it belongs to Anil Ambani and not with his Mota bhai. All his companies have gone down the drain. Better stick with standard companies like Bajaj, HDFC, Niva Bupa etc.
Now reliance is Hinduja part. Soon will be rename to Indusind General Insurance.