Seeking Tips for Using ICICI Rubyx as My First Credit Card (LTF)

ankittsharmaa

KF Rookie
Hi everyone,

I’m about to receive the ICICI Rubyx credit card as my first credit card, and it's lifetime free since it’s linked to my salary account. As a beginner, I’d appreciate any tips or suggestions on how to make the most out of this card.

Are there any specific benefits I should be aware of or any common pitfalls I should avoid? Also, how does this card compare to other entry-level cards in terms of rewards and features?

Thanks in advance for your advice!

Skylar

KF Master
Hi everyone,

I’m about to receive the ICICI Rubyx credit card as my first credit card, and it's lifetime free since it’s linked to my salary account. As a beginner, I’d appreciate any tips or suggestions on how to make the most out of this card.

Are there any specific benefits I should be aware of or any common pitfalls I should avoid? Also, how does this card compare to other entry-level cards in terms of rewards and features?

Congratulations on your first credit card.

2 reward points on every ₹100 Domestic Spends
4 reward points on every ₹100 International Spends
1 reward point on every ₹100 on Utilities and Insurance.
25% discount of up to Rs150 on the purchase of a minimum of two movie tickets per transaction, twice every month. same with inox
2 complimentary railway lounge visits per quarter.
2 Complimentary Domestic Airport lounge access per quarter.
50,000 retail spends in the previous calendar month - Complimentary rounds of golf
Air accident insurance of ₹ 1 crore and a lost card liability of ₹ 50,000 that includes loss up to 2 days prior to reporting the same.
1% fuel surcharge waiver on all fuel transactions of up to Rs 4000 at any fuel outlet when the card is swiped

Use this card extensively for the next nine months, after which you can apply for better cards. Consider this a stepping stone to obtaining superior cards in the future. While the value this card provides on spending is mediocre, there is no rush. This card will assist you in building your credit history.

ankittsharmaa

KF Rookie
Due to multiple credit inquiries in June 2024, my credit score dropped from 752 to 724, and my salary account issuer rejected the card application.

I’m now unsure how to proceed. Should I wait for my score to recover before applying for a new card? Are there any specific steps I can take to improve my credit score quickly? Also, how long would it typically take for the score to bounce back after these inquiries?

I’d appreciate any guidance or advice on how to handle this situation.

Thanks in advance!

Skylar

KF Master
Due to multiple credit inquiries in June 2024, my credit score dropped from 752 to 724, and my salary account issuer rejected the card application.

I’m now unsure how to proceed. Should I wait for my score to recover before applying for a new card? Are there any specific steps I can take to improve my credit score quickly? Also, how long would it typically take for the score to bounce back after these inquiries?

I’d appreciate any guidance or advice on how to handle this situation.

Thanks in advance!
Wait at least 6 months.
Timely payments and Low utilization ratio would increase your score in 6 months.

zacobite

KF Mentor
Hi everyone,

good start.. use wisely.. pay in FULL on time.. everything else will go well..