Should I close Flipkart axis cc

swapnilk

KF Ace
I have Flipkart axis credit card and Sbi Cash back credit card. Now it is difficult to achieve 3.5L spend target to get annual charges waived off. Is there any way to get it LTF otherwise I have to close it.

swapnilk

KF Ace
And is there any period of year where Axis Bank will agree to give it as LTF, like in March month the credit card approval changes increase

guptajoy961

KF Expert
Hello Swapnilk,

I understand your concern about the difficulty in achieving the 3.5 lakh spend target to get your annual charges waived off for your Flipkart Axis credit card and SBI Cashback credit card. Instead of closing the cards, let me provide you with some suggestions and guidance:

1. Utilize the cards strategically: Consider using your cards for everyday expenses such as groceries, fuel, utility bills, and online shopping. This will help you accumulate spend and bring you closer to the target.

2. Explore additional benefits: Check if your credit cards offer any other perks or benefits apart from the annual fee waiver. Sometimes, there are reward programs, discounts, or cashback offers available that can offset the annual charges.

3. Plan big-ticket purchases: If you have any planned big-ticket purchases in the near future, try to make those transactions using your credit cards. It will contribute significantly towards reaching the spend target and potentially waive off the annual charges.

4. Review your spending habits: Take a closer look at your spending patterns and identify areas where you can optimize and redirect expenses towards your credit cards. This could involve consolidating certain expenses or prioritizing card usage for higher rewards.

5. Contact the credit card providers: Reach out to the customer service of both Flipkart Axis and SBI Credit Card to discuss your situation. Explain your difficulty in reaching the spend target and inquire if there are any alternative options available to retain the cards on a lifetime fee waiver basis.

Remember, each bank may have their own policies, and they may offer personalized solutions based on your card usage and credit history.

Closing credit cards can have an impact on your credit score, so it is advisable to explore and exhaust all possible options before making a decision. It's also worth considering the long-term benefits and perks provided by the cards as opposed to just focusing on the annual fee.

I hope these suggestions help you find a viable solution to retain your credit cards without incurring the annual fee. Feel free to reach out if you have any further queries or need additional assistance.

Best regards,

zacobite

KF Mentor
I have Flipkart axis credit card and Sbi Cash back credit card. Now it is difficult to achieve 3.5L spend target to get annual charges waived off. Is there any way to get it LTF otherwise I have to close it.
sbi cb is one of the best cards.. Even if u pay some money.. u can recover easily in both cards.. closing card will not help.. using it well will improve ur credit score.. if u feel fees of fk and sbi r high then you shd probably stay away from credit cards as your risk profile maybe v low..

I have closed my axis fk. No more rewarding. Renewal waiver is too much. Now there are massive devaluation in credit cards. Plus i had to pay annual fees. Also flipkart is not interesting as amazon.

Skylar

KF Mentor
And is there any period of year where Axis Bank will agree to give it as LTF, like in March month the credit card approval changes increase
Nope, March is for NTB's
for ETB banks won't be that favourable, try with CC and let us know what happens.

launchcraft

KF Mentor
sbi cb is one of the best cards.. Even if u pay some money.. u can recover easily in both cards.. closing card will not help.. using it well will improve ur credit score.. if u feel fees of fk and sbi r high then you shd probably stay away from credit cards as your risk profile maybe v low..
can you tell us how SBI Cashback is one of the best card, so that people can apply if it suits their criteria.

Skylar

KF Mentor
I called axis Bank customer care they are saying it is chargeable card can't be convert it to LTF. Is there any alternative way to make it LTF?
Check preapproved offers in Axis app "Neo is LTF" and rest are paid you can chose as for your preference.

Vipul0007

KF Ace
Ask axis bank to close your flipkart credit card then they force you to not close it and then make your move to make it LTF