Tax paid while filing ITR 2. but not added in tax paid section. submitted and verified. now what to do?

Sd949

KF Rookie
Hello all, On the last page via the pay tax option, I already paid 23950/- but after fixing a validation I submitted the ITR 2. and verified.
The problem is that the acknowledgment should show the tax paid at 23950 and the tax payable at 0.
but showing tax payable 23890.
come to know for a few people that one demand will generate and then I need to give BSR code there.
in that case, if that demand is created after 31 July (eg 3 August) do I need to pay a penalty or something? or is there anything I can do now?

tax payable.png

TaxWiser

KF Mentor
Hello all, On the last page via the pay tax option, I already paid 23950/- but after fixing a validation I submitted the ITR 2. and verified.
The problem is that the acknowledgment should show the tax paid at 23950 and the tax payable at 0.
come to know for a few people that one demand will generate and then I need to give BSR code there.
in that case, if that demand is created after 31 July (eg 3 August) do I need to pay a penalty or something? or is there anything I can do now?

View attachment 1364

It looks like there's a discrepancy in your ITR acknowledgment where the tax payable is showing as ₹23,890 instead of ₹0, despite having paid ₹23,950. Here are some steps you can take to address this issue:

Steps to Resolve the Discrepancy
1. Check Payment Details:
- Verify the payment details in your bank statement to ensure the correct amount was debited.
- Ensure that the payment was made under the correct assessment year and tax head.
2. Reconcile with Form 26AS:
- Check your Form 26AS to ensure that the tax payment is reflected correctly.
- If there is a mismatch, you may need to contact your bank to rectify it.
3. Submit a Rectification Request:
- Go to 'e-File' > 'Rectification' and submit a rectification request to correct the discrepancy.
4. Contact CPC:
- If the issue persists, contact the Central Processing Centre (CPC) for assistance. You can call their helpline or use the 'Grievance' tab on the e-Filing portal.

Regarding Demand Generation and Penalty
If a demand is generated after July 31, 2024, and you need to provide the BSR code, here are some points to consider:
1. Demand Notice:
- If a demand notice is generated, it will specify the amount payable and the due date for payment.
- You will need to provide the BSR code, challan number, and date of payment to clear the demand.
2. Penalty for Late Payment:
- If the demand is generated after July 31, 2024, and you pay it promptly, you may not incur a penalty.
- However, if there is a delay in payment, interest under Section 234B and 234C may be applicable.

Immediate Actions
- Submit a Rectification Request: This can help correct the discrepancy before a demand is generated.
- Contact CPC: For immediate assistance and to ensure there are no penalties.

Tip: With only one day left to file your ITR, it’s crucial to ensure accuracy and compliance. To avoid any last-minute errors or omissions, it’s highly recommended to consult a tax professional. They can provide expert guidance, help you maximize deductions, and ensure your return is filed correctly and on time. Don’t risk penalties or issues—seek professional assistance ASAP!

(Source: Conversation with Gemini AI)

Prince

KF Mentor

View attachment 1364
Hi,

The Tax Paid details are not correctly mentioned in your ITR, owing to which despite you saying the tax is paid, the same is not reflecting in your ITR Acknowledgment, You need to rectify the return, in case of non rectification, the Dept will issue notice for Tax Payment with Interest.
FYI - There will be no penalty in your case.

In case you need paid assistance in resolving the issue, feel free to connect with me at princecassc@gmail.com