Toxic management

Hi Team,
Hope you all are good….!

I worked in an MNC and my team manager is not good. He mail me for every single thing such as why I don’t do this or that. Why I haven’t update this thing or that thing. But apparently I informed about every thing done by me to my team mates for that particular case or thing. Kindly suggest me how can I get release from my manager and the project. How can I deal with HR for the same. It’s been more than 1.5 yrs and working under my toxic manager is disturbing me and my mental health. Kindly suggest your point.

Thanks in advance. Hope for a positive response from you guys.

vikas.m

KF Rookie
If I'm getting it correct, your team manager wants you to update him quite regularly about the progress of your project. Then mail him. Depending on projects or their personalities, every manager behaves differently. Some managers require project updates daily and some weekly. You just need to oblige.

But if your mental health is being affected and since you want to move out of the current project/manager, you need to find out if there are any openings in a different project under a different manager in your company and talk to that project's manager to see if you could move into it. It may not be as easy as it sounds since your current manager might not be willing to relieve you, or there is an even easier option: search for a different job and move on to a different company altogether.

zack54

KF Mentor
Hi Team,
Hope you all are good….!

I worked in an MNC and my team manager is not good. He mail me for every single thing such as why I don’t do this or that. Why I haven’t update this thing or that thing. But apparently I informed about every thing done by me to my team mates for that particular case or thing. Kindly suggest me how can I get release from my manager and the project. How can I deal with HR for the same. It’s been more than 1.5 yrs and working under my toxic manager is disturbing me and my mental health. Kindly suggest your point.

Thanks in advance. Hope for a positive response from you guys.
Hello there,

I know you are fed up with the toxic behavior of your team manager. I would suggest you take it positively. Do not irritate with his orders n all. Irritate him by asking any small project details etc. Don't give him any chance to irritate you through email and his behavior. Update and ask every single small thing to him. Keep your own behavior calm. I know its little bit awkward but do not waste your energy in silly things and because of silly behavior.

Make a good bond with your other team mates as well so that they will not suffer like you because of that one person.
Hope everything will be fine for you soon.