Tyke Investment App Review - Bill Discounting

Prince

KF Expert
Hie Guys,

Anybody currently using the Application of Tyke for bill discounting, want to know about the saftey of funds and risk involvement.
Further guarantee of returns?

Attaching a copy of Agreement for refernce

Attachments

• Discounting Service Agreement_Tyke_Dunzo.pdf
    465.2 KB · Views: 8

ShavirB

Founder
Staff member
Tyke has one of the best platforms for Invoicing Discounting with good User Interface and timely repayment in majority of the cases.

The only thing that you need to be careful of is the counterparty risk, Dunzo in this case. If something happens to the startup, you’re almost sure of losing your hard earned money.

Also, I wouldn’t recommend investing in startups via Tyke, but it’s decent for Invoice Discounting.

Prince

KF Expert
Hie Shavir,
Thanks for the Input, the agreement was just a sample, and i want your views on Invoice discounting investment via this application or any other application, and moreover how risky is this as compared to other investment options.
Just an FYI - The Invoice discounting period ranges from 30-120 Days.

ShavirB

Founder
Staff member
Hey Prince,

One of biggest risks is the credit risk associated with the businesses whose invoices you will be financing through these platforms. If the businesses that owe the invoices default on their payments, you may not receive the full amount you expected

Another risk is the counter-party risk, if the business whose invoices you will be financing deliver on its promise - but its payment fails to come through from its vendors then also you may experience some loss. Generally this can be avoided by cross checking the counterparty - if its someone like Maruti, Coke, Pepsi, Amazon - payment will mostly come through.

Another risk is the platform risk wherein the thc platform itself could face financial difficulties, which honestly seems low for Tyke.

Happy Investing :)

Prince

KF Expert
Thanks for revert; I have developed strategy to tackle on the above Risk.

1. Application Risk - Low in case of Tyke (thanks for confirmation)
2. Fund Safety - Investing in only those Invoice, wherein
a) The Company has raised atleast 10 Invoice earlier on the platform
and
b) Timely repayment is 100% as per records of Previous Invoices (which is mentions in Application)
3. Business Safety - Since the ticket period is small (less than 180 Days), there is a very low chance of a Business being insolvent.

Do you think, I have covered the risk in a well round manner, as its a new form of investment as compared to FD and Market, and I am interest yet cautious on this.

ShavirB

Founder
Staff member
Thanks for revert; I have developed strategy to tackle on the above Risk.

1. Application Risk - Low in case of Tyke (thanks for confirmation)
2. Fund Safety - Investing in only those Invoice, wherein
a) The Company has raised atleast 10 Invoice earlier on the platform
and
b) Timely repayment is 100% as per records of Previous Invoices (which is mentions in Application)
3. Business Safety - Since the ticket period is small (less than 180 Days), there is a very low chance of a Business being insolvent.

Do you think, I have covered the risk in a well round manner, as its a new form of investment as compared to FD and Market, and I am interest yet cautious on this.
Pretty much, additionally just check the company from where payment is supposed to come after 90-180 days. If it's a reputed company, you'll be sorted

Prince

KF Expert
Sure thanks, for your time and feedback
For the Company thing, I'm keeping in mind only the brands which are very well known and popular should be the ones where the funds should be applied, as the ticket size is minimum 10K and for 30 days its offering somewhat 113 Rs.

Thanks, Mr Shavir

mewerain

KF Rookie
@shavir
Sure thanks, for your time and feedback
For the Company thing, I'm keeping in mind only the brands which are very well known and popular should be the ones where the funds should be applied, as the ticket size is minimum 10K and for 30 days its offering somewhat 113 Rs.

Thanks, Mr Shavir
Pretty much, additionally just check the company from where payment is supposed to come after 90-180 days. If it's a reputed company, you'll be sorted
I have very keen to invest in Tyke invoice discount but hesitant due to various.

a) I havent seen any where were tyke has mention that all the invoice are counter checked that is with the the buyer ..(there could multiple ways a seller can mis sell the invoice which I'm not sure (e.g listing a old invoice or list the invoice in other platform, all of which could only be know if due deligence is done with the buyer.) is covered by Tyke or not.

b) Tyke has also not brought any light about
i) the financial history of seller.
ii) the past history of invoice (taken on tyke by the seller, and there progress.
)

So basically there are a plenty of these small but important question which Tyke can address would be great.

Prince

KF Expert
@shavir

I have very keen to invest in Tyke invoice discount but hesitant due to various.

a) I havent seen any where were tyke has mention that all the invoice are counter checked that is with the the buyer ..(there could multiple ways a seller can mis sell the invoice which I'm not sure (e.g listing a old invoice or list the invoice in other platform, all of which could only be know if due deligence is done with the buyer.) is covered by Tyke or not.

b) Tyke has also not brought any light about
i) the financial history of seller.
ii) the past history of invoice (taken on tyke by the seller, and there progress.
)

So basically there are a plenty of these small but important question which Tyke can address would be great.
Hie,
For Point 1 - Refer to the any ID listed in the platform, below is F&Q, Refer Question Are Returns guaranteed in Invoice Discounting? - There thay have mentioned due diligence done the done team.

For Point 2 - Refers ID, Platform History Track Record, its in the details only.

Hope the query is solved, looking forward to more Insite to conclude about the platform

mewerain

KF Rookie
@Prince

> For Point 1 - Refer to any ID listed in the platform, below is F&Q, Refer Question Are Returns guaranteed in Invoice Discounting? - There they have mentioned due diligence done by the team.

The point I was coming here was I read their agreement they have not mentioned anywhere that they have checked the credit history of the invoice and whether the invoice has been used more than once or whether the invoice is expired. No knowledge of that sort is passed on ... Neither the finances of the company are not shared ...

> For Point 2 - Refers ID, Platform History Track Record, it is in the details only.

I could not find this information unless I scrolled back to all the past subscriptions if that is what you are referring then it's clearly not the right way to convey such information. I have seen other platforms tell this to the investor in some way or the other.