Unable to pay credit card bill last 2 months

SS2024

KF Rookie
I was unable to pay the credit card bill for the last 2 months.
I ask them to grant me 30 days so that I'll make the payment. But they can't allow me that also.

After 6 months of unemployment I am getting a job now. How to tackle this?? Please guide me in this case

abhimarda

KF Mentor
I ask them to grant me 30 days so that I'll make the payment. But they can't allow me that also.

After 6 months of unemployment I am getting a job now. How to tackle this?? Please guide me in this case
Pay off as much as you can which will show your willingness to pay and then request for conversion of outstanding as EMI. But your CIBIL would have already taken a huge hit and will take time to improve but not paying it will damage it further. If you don't pay now your account will be tagged as NPA and that will create more issues

gagan43

KF Expert

Talk to bank and req them to reverse some charges and also negotiate the interest rate and convert bills into emi
Don’t be late your cibil is already effected with 60-80 days of missed payment
And make a request to retain the card a/c with lower limits (YOU HAVE TO EXPLAIN YOUR REASON)
P.S- interest will be on higher side so negotiate wisely
And start paying off your dues as soon as possible
But as of now you will not be able to take any loan/credit card (banks ask for heavy collateral and high rate of int) if you do right step then you will able to correct your credit history in next 1.5-3 years
Tip:
After 1 year take gold loan of minimum 60-70k and pay interest on time and after 3-4 months close account with full payment this might help to increase the credit worthiness