Upgrade to Infinia

Varuns

KF Ace
I am currently holding HDFC Regalia Gold as Lifetime Free, also I have the option to upgrade to Infinia paid ( ₹12,500 ).
Given the condition, if I upgrade to Infinia I will loose out on Regalia Lifetime Free, is it still worth upgrading?
Also I have few other cards like Myntra kotak, Axis Airtel, etc for individual uses cases which means I will not be able to spend 10lakh from HDFC Infinia to wave off the fess ₹12,500.

TaxWiser

KF Mentor
I am currently holding HDFC Regalia Gold as Lifetime Free, also I have the option to upgrade to Infinia paid ( ₹12,500 ).
Given the condition, if I upgrade to Infinia I will loose out on Regalia Lifetime Free, is it still worth upgrading?
Also I have few other cards like Myntra kotak, Axis Airtel, etc for individual uses cases which means I will not be able to spend 10lakh from HDFC Infinia to wave off the fess ₹12,500.
Yep, When you upgrade your HDFC credit card, your existing card is usually closed, and a new upgraded card is issued. This means you will no longer have the benefits of your previous card, such as the Lifetime Free status of your Regalia Gold.
Not Worth it, if you can't utilize Infinia CC benefits & premium perks👎

abhimanthor

KF Rookie
I would say that if your spends can justify the fees of infinia then go right ahead as infinia's base reward rate is 3.3% and even 10x if you travel a lot. I myself hold the DCB Metal CC (got upgraded 3 months back) and trust me it's a game changer as the return you get is absolutely next level. In just a quarter I have earned so many reward points which can justify the fees 5 times. Infinia's accelerated earning limits are even more than DCB plus the Visa Infinite network is itself of global acceptance (I currently face acceptance issues due to diners network). BUT, that is all only when you travel a lot.

And as far as not being able to meet the 10L renewal fee criteria is concerned, you can easily divert the spends from your other credit cards to Infinia by using the gyftr vouchers on smartbuy portal which will also help you in earning the accelerated RPs.

Also, as you are getting the option to upgrade, then you will get infinia FYF as HDFC offers CC on FYF basis for upgrades (I got the DCB FYF too) and by directing your spends to infinia if you are able to hit the 10L limit then you can get the next year waived too! By that time you can also experience the card with all of its value and maybe you would be willing to keep it even if you had to pay the fees.

zacobite

KF Mentor
if you travel once or twice a year / or with family / or pay normal bills.. Infinia is worth it..

its one of the most coveted cards with 3.33% reward rate as minimum AND dont forget that you will. gwt renewal benefits of 12.5k points.. so net net gd value.. take it..