Want a new credit card.

Miraj Ahmed

KF Rookie
I have a 780 credit score and have been using a FD-backed credit card for the past six months. I'm looking to apply for an unsecured credit card. Which card should I apply for? Does anyone have tips or strategies to improve my chances, or should I wait longer before applying?

hitirfan

KF Mentor
I have a 780 credit score and have been using a FD-backed credit card for the past six months. I'm looking to apply for an unsecured credit card. Which card should I apply for? Does anyone have tips or strategies to improve my chances, or should I wait longer before applying?
Do have income source?

wcgxlr8

KF Mentor
1. What's your net income after taxes?
2. How much do you spend per year and on which categories?
3. What do you aim to use your cards for? Example - get cash back/book hotels or flights/get free golf lessons etc.

Miraj Ahmed

KF Rookie
1. What's your net income after taxes?
2. How much do you spend per year and on which categories?
3. What do you aim to use your cards for? Example - get cash back/book hotels or flights/get free golf lessons etc.
1. Medical student (MBBS medical college)

2. Till now (using my first credit card for six months) it's around 2 lakhs. I use it mainly on online websites (not only on well-known websites but also on other websites).

3. Online shopping (popular and non-popular websites).

wcgxlr8

KF Mentor
I doubt if you can get an unsecured card without a stable income. You can keep using FD backed cards till you start earning (even if its a stipend, you can try applying then)

hitirfan

KF Mentor
I doubt if you can get an unsecured card without a stable income. You can keep using FD backed cards till you start earning (even if its a stipend, you can try applying then)
Can he get pre-approved card from his savings bank?

Skylar

KF Master
tips or strategies to improve my chances, or should I wait longer before applying?
When applying for credit cards, you can indicate that you are self-employed. In the application, specify whether you are a freelancer or a business owner. If you choose ‘freelancer,’ you can state that your work and home addresses are the same. However, if you identify as a business owner, be prepared to show your office location in case of verification. You can also mention that you operate your business from home.
-
-

Thats how most students get the cards, make sure you use the cards only when you have money in your savings account, do not fall into a debt trap.
-
-

Miraj Ahmed

KF Rookie
When applying for credit cards, you can indicate that you are self-employed. In the application, specify whether you are a freelancer or a business owner. If you choose ‘freelancer,’ you can state that your work and home addresses are the same. However, if you identify as a business owner, be prepared to show your office location in case of verification. You can also mention that you operate your business from home.
-
-

Thats how most students get the cards, make sure you use the cards only when you have money in your savings account, do not fall into a debt trap.
-
-Corrected: My father owns a shop. Can you show me a co-partner?

-
-

-
-
My father owns a shop. Can you show me a co-partner?

Skylar

KF Master
My father owns a shop. Can you show me a co-partner?
You can fill in the form as it's your shop, no issues with that. and add your dad's annual income as yours.
and enter the shop's address as the office address. "Shop name" is important for a few agents who come to check the shop board. They take a picture of it and send it back the back as office verification proof.

Miraj Ahmed

KF Rookie
You can fill in the form as it's your shop, no issues with that. and add your dad's annual income as yours.
and enter the shop's address as the office address. "Shop name" is important for a few agents who come to check the shop board. They take a picture of it and send it back the back as office verification proof.
Thank you so much, but can you suggest any card I can apply for?

Skylar

KF Master
Thank you so much, but can you suggest any card I can apply for?
It's not easy getting a card with 6months of credit history.

- Sales are going to start this month end see which cards are on more sites offering instant discounts, Usually those banks have high chance of approval.

wcgxlr8

KF Mentor
BOB cards also, I was thinking to get both but my wallet can't handle more cards and the spending planning also becomes more tiresome , and I don't even make that much to hit the limits on all cards xD LTF ones I just keep for offers or to use once the paid milestones are done

hitirfan

KF Mentor
BOB cards also, I was thinking to get both but my wallet can't handle more cards and the spending planning also becomes more tiresome , and I don't even make that much to hit the limits on all cards xD LTF ones I just keep for offers or to use once the paid milestones are done
Which BOB Card is good?