Want to upgrade my IDFC Select credit card to IDFC Wealth Credit Card?

Skylar

KF Master
Want to upgrade my IDFC Select credit card to IDFC Wealth Credit Card?
You have to mail CS and they'll give a list of documents required for upgrade.

In between reward rate of Wealth and Select is same what is the reason you want the upgrade?

Ramesh181

KF Ace
You have to mail CS and they'll give a list of documents required for upgrade.

In between reward rate of Wealth and Select is same what is the reason you want the upgrade?
They will never do it until it comes from their end as a preapproved offer. First they will say your limit has to be increased and subsequently the card upgrade, which never happens in majority of the cases. Pathetic customer service. I've been trying to upgrade my IDFC Select card to Wealth card for the last 2.5 yrs without any luck and provided all the documents they needed but NO. I gave up now. I am going to close my Select card soon.

Skylar

KF Master
They will never do it until it comes from their end as a preapproved offer. First they will say your limit has to be increased and subsequently the card upgrade, which never happens in majority of the cases. Pathetic customer service. I've been trying to upgrade my IDFC Select card to Wealth card for the last 2.5 yrs without any luck and provided all the documents they needed but NO. I gave up now. I am going to close my Select card soon.
I only use that card for BOGO offer on paytm.

except that no other transactions, in between except that BOGO offer of 250 on wealth and 150 on select I don't see any other considerable reason for upgrade of select to wealth :unsure:
Can you please elaborate if there are other advantages of having wealth?

Sujeet

KF Ace
I had idfc select card and hardly used it once or twice for movie tickets when it was a discount of 250 for select cards. Post the downgrade in a month or two i blocked the card and sent a request to close the card to which they called me back and tried to retain me by giving free upgrade to wealth without any documents . I accepted and now hv kept the wealth card again just for movie offer .

So yes if you put request for card closure they may try to retain you by upgrading ur card.

For how long did you have the select card?
I had idfc select card and hardly used it once or twice for movie tickets when it was a discount of 250 for select cards. Post the downgrade in a month or two i blocked the card and sent a request to close the card to which they called me back and tried to retain me by giving free upgrade to wealth without any documents . I accepted and now hv kept the wealth card again just for movie offer .

So yes if you put request for card closure they may try to retain you by upgrading ur card.

Sujeet

KF Ace

And when you upgraded to wealth?
On 28 aug i had raised to close the select card. 29th i got a call for the upgrade without additional documents they will take internal approval and issue the upgrade. On 10th sept since i didnt hear from them i called the service centre and asked them whats the status of upgradation. On 12th i got the upgrade confirmation.

Last edited:

zacobite

KF Mentor
On 28 aug i had raised to close the select card. 29th i got a call for the upgrade without additional documents they will take internal approval and issue the upgrade. On 10th sept since i didnt hear from them i called the service centre and asked them whats the status of upgradation. On 12th i got the upgrade confirmation.
yes.. no big difference between wealth and select now... they have become linient after major devaluations... its quite a below avg card now

Ramesh181

KF Ace
I only use that card for BOGO offer on paytm.

except that no other transactions, in between except that BOGO offer of 250 on wealth and 150 on select I don't see any other considerable reason for upgrade of select to wealth :unsure:
Can you please elaborate if there are other advantages of having wealth?
Well, you are right there is no major difference between these two cards except the International & domestic lounge and spa access in Wealth card which is not there in Select card (only domestic lounge access available). Maybe since Wealth card is on Visa Infinite network, there may be few additional benefits or offers on Infinite cards from time to time. Otherwise its more or less the same.

Sujeet

KF Ace
Well, you are right there is no major difference between these two cards except the International & domestic lounge and spa access in Wealth card which is not there in Select card (only domestic lounge access available). Maybe since Wealth card is on Visa Infinite network, there may be few additional benefits or offers on Infinite cards from time to time. Otherwise its more or less the same.
Even to avail the benefit you need to spend a minimum of 20k to avail the benefit.
Hence not a great card .
I am using this card only and only for the 250 movie benefit else would hv actually closed the card.

AVN

KF Rookie
I got my First select card upgraded to wealth card about 5 months back. Used the chat option on app and asked them to upgrade it and they were happy to process the request. I keep this card since it's lifetime free, BOGO movie benefits, reward points on tax/NPS/school fees payments and never expiring reward points.