Which ITR needs to be filled for a Private limited company director?

avishake

KF Rookie
Hi,
I am a director of a private limited company. But I took only my salary from that company. There is no profile sharing for this company. Every directors took there salary only per month basis.
My question is which ITR need to be filled by me? ITR-2 or ITR-3.

Please help.

TaxWiser

KF Mentor
Hi,
I am a director of a private limited company. But I took only my salary from that company. There is no profile sharing for this company. Every directors took there salary only per month basis.
My question is which ITR need to be filled by me? ITR-2 or ITR-3.

Please help.
Hi there!

As a director of a private limited company who only receives a salary and does not have any other business income or profit-sharing, you should file ITR-2. This form is suitable for individuals and HUFs who do not have income from business or profession.

ITR-3 is typically used by individuals and HUFs who have income from a proprietary business or profession. Since your income is solely from salary, ITR-2 is the appropriate form for you.

If you have any other sources of income, such as capital gains, rental income, or interest, you can also report them in ITR-2.

However, if you have any other sources of income or specific circumstances that might affect your tax filing, it might be a good idea to consult with a tax professional to ensure everything is covered accurately.

File ITR before 31st July 😊📄

avishake

KF Rookie
Hi there!

As a director of a private limited company who only receives a salary and does not have any other business income or profit-sharing, you should file ITR-2. This form is suitable for individuals and HUFs who do not have income from business or profession.

ITR-3 is typically used by individuals and HUFs who have income from a proprietary business or profession. Since your income is solely from salary, ITR-2 is the appropriate form for you.

If you have any other sources of income, such as capital gains, rental income, or interest, you can also report them in ITR-2.

However, if you have any other sources of income or specific circumstances that might affect your tax filing, it might be a good idea to consult with a tax professional to ensure everything is covered accurately.

File ITR before 31st July 😊📄
Thank you very much.