Wrongly transferred 50,000rs through imps.

Cryptobitsbee

KF Rookie
I have transferred Rs. 50,000 via IMPS to an account number that does not exist. I intended to transfer the funds to my dad's account in Indian Overseas Bank, with the account number 043701000054693, which has 15 digits. However, I mistakenly entered 04371000054693, which is only 14 digits long. As there are no 14-digit account numbers in IOB, the account number I entered does not exist. Nonetheless, my account was debited and the transaction shows as successful in my AU Small Finance Bank account. I have raised a complaint with AU Bank's customer care, but they have informed me that it may take 2 to 3 months to resolve the issue. They have also stated that the beneficiary needs to accept to return the amount. However, I am confused as to how the funds were transferred to a non-existent account number in IOB and who is responsible for refunding the transferred amount.

luciferocious

KF Mentor
please remove the account numbers

also to answer your question if the account number does not exists or there is a mismatch of name for the account then the amount should most likely be refunded back to source

Cryptobitsbee

KF Rookie
please remove the account numbers

also to answer your question if the account number does not exists or there is a mismatch of name for the account then the amount should most likely be refunded back to source
But it's already 48hrs completed and there is no sign of refund.

Skylar

KF Master
Will i get my money back or not
You should get it.

Visit your father's bank and inform them about your situation. Ask them if they could help.

Depending on what they are saying call AU cs again. If you think AU banks executives are unaware of how to deal with these, then better complain to RBI obudsman they will take care of it.

zacobite

KF Mentor
I have transferred Rs. 50,000 via IMPS to an account number that does not exist. I intended to transfer the funds to my dad's account in Indian Overseas Bank, with the account number 043701000054693, which has 15 digits. However, I mistakenly entered 04371000054693, which is only 14 digits long. As there are no 14-digit account numbers in IOB, the account number I entered does not exist. Nonetheless, my account was debited and the transaction shows as successful in my AU Small Finance Bank account. I have raised a complaint with AU Bank's customer care, but they have informed me that it may take 2 to 3 months to resolve the issue. They have also stated that the beneficiary needs to accept to return the amount. However, I am confused as to how the funds were transferred to a non-existent account number in IOB and who is responsible for refunding the transferred amount.
takes upto 72 hrs.. for refund.. but pls. double check on account number.. with IOB.. check with AU bank for UTR number and put a trace on it with AU and IOB.. Year end may also cause delay

AlertsByVivek

KF Expert
Will i get my money back or not
Yes you will get money-back in 30-60 days.
It's a chargeback process.
Bank apne pass Paisa ane deti hai. Fir wait karti hai samne Wale bank se confirmation leke apko return kar degi.

Mere sath fraud hua tha to ye process Hui thi. Mene branch me chargeback form bhar dia tha. 60th day pe mil gaya paisa

aajmera

KF Expert
Yes you will get money-back in 30-60 days.
It's a chargeback process.
Bank apne pass Paisa ane deti hai. Fir wait karti hai samne Wale bank se confirmation leke apko return kar degi.

Mere sath fraud hua tha to ye process Hui thi. Mene branch me chargeback form bhar dia tha. 60th day pe mil gaya paisa
Just curious to know, what happens if we enters someone else account number.
I have saved multiple beneficiaries in my bank account and if by mistake I send amount to someone unknown.

It happened once, but to whom I transferred was my friend so he returned it to me. Not sure what will happen if we send to someone unknown.