1st Savings account

raj164

KF Ace
I am currently 18 and I have been thinking of which bank i should make an account with I was looking for a zero balance but I can also maintain 10k monthly if thats needed and I also want a credit card currently I own a idfc wow credit with a secured 10k limit. Pls advise does savings accounts with a bank helps you get a credit card easily from them?

Based on my experience, opening a savings account with ICICI Bank can be a good choice if you're looking to obtain a credit card. When I initially applied for the ICICI Amazon Pay credit card through Amazon, my application was unfortunately rejected. However, after opening an account directly with ICICI Bank and then reapplying for the same credit card, I was successfully approved.

The ICICI Amazon Pay credit card has been great for me, offering maximum cashback benefits. So, I would recommend considering ICICI Bank if you're interested in this specific credit card and want to improve your chances of approval.

raj164

KF Ace
Well I see that they ask for an initial funding of 95k for a zero balance account or 20k for a 10k MAB .I myself want to open a account at ICICI because in future I'll be trying for their credit cards as they have best offers but as am 18 am facing the issue for initial funding.
😅 I got idfc wow credit card against a 50k fd but I have less hopes from idfc.

zacobite

KF Mentor
I am currently 18 and I have been thinking of which bank i should make an account with I was looking for a zero balance but I can also maintain 10k monthly if thats needed and I also want a credit card currently I own a idfc wow credit with a secured 10k limit. Pls advise does savings accounts with a bank helps you get a credit card easily from them?
PSU bank.. shd be your first and permanent account for life... start basic banking.. then look at pvt banks later once u start earning / investment / credit cards etc

@raj164 Kotak and Au Small Finance Banks are the best when it comes to zero balance accounts. Both the banks even provide good range of credit cards which shall be utilized for several purposes.