Amazon Pay ICICI Credit Card Cashback Query: Does It Apply When Using Someone Else's Prime Account?

Maitri Maniya

KF Expert
I have the Amazon Pay ICICI Credit Card, which offers 5% cashback on purchases made with a Prime account. I’m curious to know if I’ll still receive the 5% cashback if I use someone else’s Prime account to make a purchase, or will the cashback be credited to the Prime account holder instead? Has anyone tried this?

Skylar

KF Master
I have the Amazon Pay ICICI Credit Card, which offers 5% cashback on purchases made with a Prime account. I’m curious to know if I’ll still receive the 5% cashback if I use someone else’s Prime account to make a purchase, or will the cashback be credited to the Prime account holder instead? Has anyone tried this?
If you have Prime membership to the account that is linked to ICICI apay card, you'll get 5% even when you order from a non-prime member account.

On the flip side If you are not having prime account then even when you use someone else prime account you'll get only 3% cashback.

- Cashback will be credited to the account that is linked to ICICI bank not to the account you made purchase on.

I'm using this card from 1.4years.

Here you need to understand that transactions for 5% are taken into account with the MCC not the amazon account. So, if you have a prime account linked to your card them that MCC will trigger 5% irrespective of the account holder having a prime account.

Maitri Maniya

KF Expert
Let me clarify
I am the card holder for the icici Amazon pay cc. But I don't have Amazon Prime.
So I ordered one item using my cousin's Amazon Prime account. But payment is made via my credit card.

So my cousin will receive cashback in his Amazon account since he has prime Or will I receive the cashback since payment is made via my credit card?

zacobite

KF Mentor
If you have Prime membership to the account that is linked to ICICI apay card, you'll get 5% even when you order from a non-prime member account.

On the flip side If you are not having prime account then even when you use someone else prime account you'll get only 3% cashback.

- Cashback will be credited to the account that is linked to ICICI bank not to the account you made purchase on.

I'm using this card from 1.4years.

Here you need to understand that transactions for 5% are taken into account with the MCC not the amazon account. So, if you have a prime account linked to your card them that MCC will trigger 5% irrespective of the account holder having a prime account.
v interesting..