Any effects on zerodha coin after closing zerodha kite account

suru

KF Rookie
My friend opened zerodha account back in 2020-21 for investment purpose as he had a lot of free time to look after. Now he has no time to study the markets and hence switched to mutual fund investments from direct stock investments so he chose Zerodha Coin as his MF Broker. And he don't want to pay Zerodha Kite AMC charges further. So is it possible to close his Zerodha Kite account without affecting his Zerodha Coin account.

arjungoyal12

KF Mentor
No, I don't think it is possible. You must see if you have option to disable the stock trading option. It might help you to waive those charges

My friend opened zerodha account back in 2020-21 for investment purpose as he had a lot of free time to look after. Now he has no time to study the markets and hence switched to mutual fund investments from direct stock investments so he chose Zerodha Coin as his MF Broker. And he don't want to pay Zerodha Kite AMC charges further. So is it possible to close his Zerodha Kite account without affecting his Zerodha Coin account.
Your friend can indeed close their Zerodha Kite account without affecting their Zerodha Coin account. Zerodha Coin is a platform specifically for investing in mutual funds, while Zerodha Kite is primarily for trading in stocks, commodities, and derivatives.
Closing the Kite account should not impact the Coin account in any way because they are separate platforms with independent functionalities. However, it's always a good idea to double-check with Zerodha's customer support or website to confirm any specific procedures or potential impacts before taking action.