Any tax expert ?

I am a student and I earn around 20k per month from my freelance, should I file income tax , or not ?
Yes , you have to file a Income tax return. There is no compulsion for filing it ITR for you. But it helps you for getting an credit service from any financial institution and build your financial profile in long run.
So suggest you to file it. And now a days filing ITR is very easy, even non financial guy can also file it..

finance.geek

KF Expert
I am a student and I earn around 20k per month from my freelance, should I file income tax , or not ?
Yes , you have to file a Income tax return. There is no compulsion for filing it ITR for you. But it helps you for getting an credit service from any financial institution and build your financial profile in long run.
So suggest you to file it. And now a days filing ITR is very easy, even non financial guy can also file it..
As Mr Abhishek said its correct but if your deductor has deducted TDS (@10% )then after filing your income tax you can get back your hard earned Money which is initially Deducted.

Sayantan

KF Ace
Further, the basic exemption limit has been hiked to Rs.3 lakh from Rs.2.5 earlier under the new income tax regime. The amount of rebate under Section 87A has been enhanced under the new tax regime to taxable income of Rs 7 lakh. The tax rebate was available for taxable income up to Rs 5 lakh in new tax regime till FY 2022-23. Thus, individuals opting for the new income tax regime in FY 2023-24 and having an income up to Rs.7 lakh will not pay any taxes.

CAKaushik

KF Rookie
Hi Anurag,
I see you are earning close to Rs. 2,40,000/-p.a.
If you do not have any other income like Interest from Savings Bank, Fixed Deposits, Dividends, Rental Income, Capital Gain from sale of shares etc. and your Total Income is less than Rs. 2,50,000/- p.a. then as per law you are not compulsorily required to file Income Tax Return.
In such a case you may choose to file Income Tax Returns voluntarily, if anyone has deducted your TDS (by filing Income Tax Return you will be able to get refund for this TDS) or you are planning to apply for any loan in coming 3-4 years.
Hope this helps.

Hi Anurag,
I see you are earning close to Rs. 2,40,000/-p.a.
If you do not have any other income like Interest from Savings Bank, Fixed Deposits, Dividends, Rental Income, Capital Gain from sale of shares etc. and your Total Income is less than Rs. 2,50,000/- p.a. then as per law you are not compulsorily required to file Income Tax Return.
In such a case you may choose to file Income Tax Returns voluntarily, if anyone has deducted your TDS (by filing Income Tax Return you will be able to get refund for this TDS) or you are planning to apply for any loan in coming 3-4 years.
Hope this helps.
thanks for the answer , this is what I was looking for