Are PSU Bank Credit Cards shown worthless or less promoted intentionally ??

prati086

KF Rookie
I think there are many good PSU Bank Credit Cards which are less promoted intentionally

For eg I am using PNB Rupay Select credit card and its really amazing .How??????????

example :

when you opt for HDFC Tata Neu Infinity Rupay Select credit card ,they have a condition of Rs.1499+GST Annually whereas in case of PNB they take minor charge of Rs.500+GST and mention that the annual Charge is Rs.500+GST butttttttttttttt there is a big relief in this card ,if you use it once in a Quarter (even for Rs.100 which you will do easily) then the Annual Fee is waived off.

I don't think PSU banks have enough offers and cashback as compared to the big giant private players , if I am wrong , please correct me
I think there are many good PSU Bank Credit Cards which are less promoted intentionally

For eg I am using PNB Rupay Select credit card and its really amazing .How??????????

example :

when you opt for HDFC Tata Neu Infinity Rupay Select credit card ,they have a condition of Rs.1499+GST Annually whereas in case of PNB they take minor charge of Rs.500+GST and mention that the annual Charge is Rs.500+GST butttttttttttttt there is a big relief in this card ,if you use it once in a Quarter (even for Rs.100 which you will do easily) then the Annual Fee is waived off.

prati086

KF Rookie
look what i feel why PSU Bank Card still has an advantage over Pvt Player card :

HDFC Tata Neu Infinity Card Annual Fee :1500+GST

PNB Rupay Select card Annual Fee :NIL(if used once in a quarter)

PNB also comes with wellness benefits and has a more extensive lounge network than Tata Neu Infinity

Reward Rate :

PNB

• 0.66% RR
  • 300+ reward points on 1st usage
  • 2X rewards points on retail merchandise

HDFC :
  • 5% back as NeuCoins on Non-EMI Spends on Tata Neu and partner Tata Brands.
  • 1.5% back as NeuCoins on Non-Tata Brand Spends and any Merchant EMI Spends
  • 1.5% back as NeuCoins on UPI spends (including spends on partner Tata Brands) - maximum of 500 NeuCoins per calendar month.

but still i find PNB card better as there is no capping on RP

and overall if you are a middle class user ,then you might find PNB Rupay Card more profitable compared to HDFC Card

look what i feel why PSU Bank Card still has an advantage over Pvt Player card :

HDFC Tata Neu Infinity Card Annual Fee :1500+GST

PNB Rupay Select card Annual Fee :NIL(if used once in a quarter)

PNB also comes with wellness benefits and has a more extensive lounge network than Tata Neu Infinity

Reward Rate :

PNB

• 0.66% RR
  • 300+ reward points on 1st usage
  • 2X rewards points on retail merchandise

HDFC :
  • 5% back as NeuCoins on Non-EMI Spends on Tata Neu and partner Tata Brands.
  • 1.5% back as NeuCoins on Non-Tata Brand Spends and any Merchant EMI Spends
  • 1.5% back as NeuCoins on UPI spends (including spends on partner Tata Brands) - maximum of 500 NeuCoins per calendar month.

but still i find PNB card better as there is no capping on RP

and overall if you are a middle class user ,then you might find PNB Rupay Card more profitable compared to HDFC Card
That's a great insight,will look into it

Manoj Kohli

KF Expert

example :

In my experience there is black and white here. Some PSU Products like the card you mentioned, and a few other cards from SBI also are really good. But they don't promote their products as aggressively as some of the private players. Ultimately you have to find the product which suits your needs (y)

Nihal Singh

KF Rookie
The perception and promotion of credit cards from Public Sector Undertaking (PSU) banks in India can vary for a few reasons. However, it's important to note that not all PSU bank credit cards are worthless or intentionally less promoted. Here are some factors that might contribute to this perception:

1. **Marketing and Branding**: Private banks often have larger marketing budgets, allowing them to aggressively promote their credit card offerings through advertisements, partnerships, and other campaigns. This can lead to greater visibility and awareness for their credit cards.

2. **Features and Benefits**: Some PSU bank credit cards might have limited features and benefits compared to those offered by private banks. This can affect their attractiveness to consumers, leading to less promotion.

3. **Customer Perception**: Public sector banks have traditionally been associated with certain bureaucratic processes and slower technological advancements. This perception can impact how customers view their credit card offerings.

4. **Target Audience**: Private banks might focus more on urban and higher-income segments, while PSU banks might have a broader customer base, including rural areas. This can influence the types of credit cards offered and their promotion strategies.

5. **Digitization and Innovation**: Some private banks are known for their early adoption of digital technologies and innovations. This can lead to more user-friendly and digitally accessible credit card experiences, which in turn can be promoted more effectively.

arjungoyal12

KF Mentor
I have been using Tata Neu Card for quite a while. Though my consumption is not that much I have save some amount of money. But there are limitations like if you want to buy it might not be able on Tata Neu related brand platform

In PSU banks, I have seen SBI credit cards giving huge discount on sale. This BBD sale I found around 20-30k discounts on laptop sales on SBI card. And let me tell you one thing BOB has become very aggressive in providing discounts and offers (even when there's no sale). So some cards of these banks are good.