best and risk free/safe mutual funds for 12% returns for my parents aged around 60

hemanthbn

KF Ace
Hello All,

I would like to explore an opportunity to invest in SIP for my parents who are aged around 60+, they are willing to invest let's say 5k per month somewhere, so can anyone guide which mutual funds would be better to invest at least for 1 to 4 years' time period.

I see that there is not much talked about videos for senior citizens in this channel, which is targeting this topic, kindly help here, might be so many of them have same queries and this might help them

Hello All,

I would like to explore an opportunity to invest in SIP for my parents who are aged around 60+, they are willing to invest let's say 5k per month somewhere, so can anyone guide which mutual funds would be better to invest at least for 1 to 4 years' time period.

I see that there is not much talked about videos for senior citizens in this channel, which is targeting this topic, kindly help here, might be so many of them have same queries and this might help them
@hemanthbn Since they are 60+ as per their risk appetite it would be wise to allocate most of the portfolio to debt related funds but since indexation benefit has been taken off by the govt., they can simply pick any index mutual fund considering the time horizon is for more than 5 to 6 years. Do not go for midcap or small caps since the risk is quite high.

Right now you can get around 8% returns on debt funds. Check their ytm after selecting fund of your target duration.

If they anyways are still earning, you can safely move the above amount to index fund. But do in SIP format as market is all time high.

Hello All,

As you said that your parents age is above 60 you should have a look on Debt funds and Large Cap funds. Here the risk is very low and you will get a little more gain than savings account or FDs.

theraj0007

KF Expert
Hello All,

You can go with blue chip funds