Best Fd linked Credit cards

Gaurav Soni

KF Rookie
Hello Everyone,

I'm college student and I want to build my credit score so please suggest me best FD linked Credit card in all terms. My budget for the FD is only 10k so please suggest accordingly.

Thanks in advance, have a nice day :)

Gaurav Soni

KF Rookie
So if I select idfc wow credit card then after 1 year can I withdraw my fd?
And if I withdraw then can I still used my fd linked Credit card

Gaurav Soni

KF Rookie
I don't think so. But you definately have a significant drop in ur credit score. incase you want to have an unsecured credit card you should keep it in mind
Thanks bro, I'll consider this before taking any step.

In short we have to block our funds for min. Period of five years if I want my first credit card

I would say try to invest minimum amount and let it be there for rest of your life as a fees to generate a healthy credit score.
Enjoy the credit limit only.

AV$

KF Ace
Hello Everyone,

I'm college student and I want to build my credit score so please suggest me best FD linked Credit card in all terms. My budget for the FD is only 10k so please suggest accordingly.

Onecard will be the best. It has multiple brand discounts, gift vouchers which give great valueback on many brands, best example - 5% return on Myntra (which is even better than flipkart axis credit card 😂)
If you spend on atleast 3 categories in a month you'll get 1% return on the top 2 categories.
Also fyi they started upgrading their FD card users to unsecured credit card just this month (though the offer seems to be put on hold due to RBI)

Kotak is the only bank which offers credit limit increase even on FD card so that's a plus point.

Idfc wow credit card is the only FD card which has 0% forex so if you are looking to do international transactions for fees or whatever that's where you should look.

Alongwith a FD credit card you should apply for a couple of pay later services, it will create a good credit mix. (Don't use Flipkart pay later or Amazon pay later they have high fees and are not accepted at many merchants, lazypay & simpl has zero fees and they are widely accepted)

zacobite

KF Mentor
Hello Everyone,

don't apply for any credit card.. first start salary..

MUJMIL7

KF Rookie
Hello Everyone,

always try to go with more reward rate providing cards like SBM Cardelio or Magnate card both offers 1% cb on almost the same fd rates as other cards but they provide too little reward points

Skylar

KF Mentor
If you can make FD greater than 35K then "One Card" will be best options,

As of 31/03/2024
Myntra: 6% value back
Flipkart
: 3% value back.
Kalyan: 2% value back
MakeMyTrip (MMT)
: 5% value back
Nykaa
: 5% value back
First Cry
: 3% value back
SonyLiv
: 30% value back on a 12-month subscription.
The Man Company: 12% value back.
Yatra: 8% value back
Bata
: 10% value back.
And here’s the cherry on top: every 500 coins can be converted into ₹50/- cash. 🌟

Dmart - spend 2500 and get 500 value back

Reliance smart - Spend 2500 and get 500 value back

and many more if you see "Around you" section of one card.

People will be like take IDFC wow, Kotak Dream different but nothing will give you offers as good as ONE CARD.

AV$

KF Ace
always try to go with more reward rate providing cards like SBM Cardelio or Magnate card both offers 1% cb on almost the same fd rates as other cards but they provide too little reward points
Credilio has an annual fee of 249
It can be waived off by spending 25000
So you need to keep that in mind while making a decision
Spending 25000 is very easy when you have just 1-2 Credit Cards
But after having multiple credit cards you will feel a pressure to achieve fee waiver spend criteria for different cards, which might result in non required over spending.