best inevstment for students ?

sayandeb

KF Rookie
Go with MFs if you want to play in long term, put a higher amount in small cap and similar in large and mid cap respectively, as you are young and can take risk.

And also remember to make a FD or RD for a safe asset.

arshavg

KF Rookie
I have a small amount and invest 500-1000 per month so pls recommend some type and want less risk with some higher rate .

amitvicky

KF Expert
I have a small amount and invest 500-1000 per month so pls recommend some type and want less risk with some higher rate .
Risk and returns are usually inversely proportionate.

Like others have mentioned, start with MF, or RD.
FD if you have lumpsum amount to invest and do not want to invest in equity (MF).

FDs in small finance banks can give you upto 9% interest

MFs can give you around 12%.

There are SIP calculators available online that you can try... Input amount per month, tenure and keep return at 12% to get the idea.

Same you can try with FD calculator also.

"Groww" provides few of these calculators. Just google it.

PS - just suggesting, not endorsing anything or anyone.

sayandeb

KF Rookie
Go with Large Cap and Index MF and RD, for such a small monthly investment.

And as you can just invest 500 to 1000 it my opinion to go to bank and make a RD with monthly installment of 300 for the next 10 years. Make sure the interest rate is between 6.5% to 6.8%. You will get a approx value of 50000 after 10 years.

And fot MF go with SIP for next 10 years with any Large Cap and Index Fund. Large cap can give you more returns while Index Fund can give a stable returns. Respectively 40% and 60% you can invest. Go with for next 10 year, you might make about 1.5 lakhs.

I can suggest for Nippon India Large Cap and Index Fund, but please do your own research before taking any decisions.

TaxWiser

KF Mentor
what is type of investment is best for student and how to invest in this type ?
Hey there! 😊

First things first, invest in upskilling yourself. If you have any money left after that, then think about putting it into mutual funds, fixed deposits, equity, etc. Everyone out there is investing thousands and lakhs in SIPs every month without compromising their lifestyle. So, your ₹500-₹1000 per month, even for long-term investment, might not make a huge difference considering inflation and comparing with others.

But here's the thing: if you invest in yourself now, you could land a high-paying job or even start your own business with the skills and knowledge you gain. This way, you'll be able to invest larger amounts without any limitations, and you'll be ahead in the investment game.

I know this might sound a bit old school, but it's true. Using a SIP calculator might look promising for the future, but let's stick to the basics of investment:
  1. Start Earning: Focus on building a stable income first.
  2. Save as Much as You Can: Save diligently without compromising your essential needs.
  3. Prepare an Emergency Fund: Make sure you have funds set aside for unexpected expenses.
  4. Get Health & Term Life Insurance: Protect yourself and your family with adequate insurance.
  5. Then Start Investing: Once the above steps are in place, begin your investment journey.
Investing early is good but remember, investing in yourself is the best investment you can make & Youth is the most valuable and most rapidly depreciating asset.

You'll thank yourself later! 😊