Booking International Flights/Hotels(Infinia & Atlas)

pradumn

KF Rookie
Hi peeps, I am new to premium credit cards(Infina & Atlas) both of which I got recently. I want to make some international flight and hotel bookings to Bali.

How do I optimise my spending.

With my current knowledge, I am preferring Infinia for bookings as it would give me 16.5% RR over 10% on Atlas and also smartbuy has aggregator options where as Atlas would only limit me to buy thorough the airlines directly(correct me if I am wrong to think that).

Haven't used smartbuy or Travel edge before, so please help with the answers, or let me know relevant sources.

Thanks in Advance

zacobite

KF Mentor
Hi peeps, I am new to premium credit cards(Infina & Atlas) both of which I got recently. I want to make some international flight and hotel bookings to Bali.

With my current knowledge, I am preferring Infinia for bookings as it would give me 16.5% RR over 10% on Atlas and also smartbuy has aggregator options where as Atlas would only limit me to buy thorough the airlines directly(correct me if I am wrong to think that).

Haven't used smartbuy or Travel edge before, so please help with the answers, or let me know relevant sources.

Thanks in Advance
atlas first using the travel edge if spend is going to help you hit the milestones 3L and so on IF you are going to use points later for hotel transfers
Else Infinia....chk on difference in prices.. smartbuy is usually more expensive

wcgxlr8

KF Mentor

Thanks in Advance
I just booked a trip to Bali (10 days), Malaysia (3 days) and Thailand (6 days) , all using reward points. In your case, I assume you don't have enough RPs saved just yet? Irrespective, always compare prices between different providers (I think on smartbuy, you get cleartrip/easemytrip/ibibo mostly and all via smartbuy will be overpriced as zacobite mentioned) and ensure that it matches your preferences. I planned it in such a way that I would have 4hrs of layover time between connecting flights and have planned to make the most of lounges too. For optimising spends, I would suggest to use Infinia over Atlas unless you are aiming for the atlas milestones. In my case, I used Amex MR points to book Marriott hotels for all 3 spots, together made a return of ~1.1Rs/MR point. For flights, it was roughly 0.4Rs/ reward point.