Can I Lend Money and Charge Interest?

Manoj Kohli

KF Expert
My friend is asking for some money on Loan. I can lend him money but I intend to charge a nominal interest. Actually I want to get into an agreement with him or make it official somehow. Any recommendations for this (only serious replies please)?

Akash

KF Ace
Create a legally binding written agreement that must outline the terms of the loan , interst rates , last date etc.
Stamp the agreement as required by law to make it legally enforceable.( Get a stamp duty and both parties sign and agree on the terms of the agreement)

My friend is asking for some money on Loan. I can lend him money but I intend to charge a nominal interest. Actually I want to get into an agreement with him or make it official somehow. Any recommendations for this (only serious replies please)?
yes , you can go to an lawyer and make it legal

Gigachad

KF Mentor
Most friends don't return money(harami friend).

If he needed for a emergency then only lend him money.. and plz don't take interest on that..

You can make an agreement between both the related parties and issue a document from any legal authority . then you can lend money to him.

VISHALJINDAL

KF Rookie
I think first need to know the reason for which he is asking for money if it's for any emergency then you should help him without having any greed of interest but if he is asking for any business related activities then you can make any legal agreement or have partially shares or partnership in that work that will mostly help in earning higher then interest and safer side

arjungoyal12

KF Mentor
Lending money has never been a good thing for me. I will invest the money rather than lending it if I want some return out of that money

It highly depend on personality of your friend. In my case, my one friend is very peculiar about it if she has taken any money from me. She wont sleep peacefully until she return my money. On the other hand, one of my other friend has stopped talking or replying to my msgs when I asked her to return money.