CIBIL Score Decoded.. Sort of

ShavirB

Founder
Staff member
Few days back our team was on a mission to DECODE the exact formula for computing CIBIL Score. Although we couldn't crack the exact formula, but we have figured something which is a close estimate.

We've tested this formula on 20-25 different people and the results were shocking close. Attaching this sheet so that other folks get a better understanding of exactly what goes on in your CIBIL Score.

Let me know a comparison of your actual CIBIL Score and Score computed from this Shee

Attachments

• bekifaayati Credit Score Estimate.zip
    5.9 KB · Views: 386

17ysaurabh

KF Mentor
I just gave it a try.
  • When I added all the lower limits of points for the various factors, my CIBIL score came to 685.
  • When I added all the upper limits of points for the various factors, my CIBIL score came to 770.
My actual CIBIL score is 771.
It matches with one of the two. So, kudos to the team!

Feedback: I think the credit score prediction range (the difference between lower and upper limits) should be less.

Just tried it.

Score according to this sheet (all ceiling values) 670.
CIBIL Score via Onescore 806.

Nice idea, keep it going.

``I tried for me, actual CIBIL score - 743, below are inputs and output.

With lower score range - 690
With Higher score range - 760
With average score - 725.

I had 24 delayed payments home loan payments around covid - the last being in august 2021. Post which I have streamlined & closed the loan in August 2022 as well. My credit usage as per latest cibil report available on gpay is 28%. Credit mix is 15 cards and 6 loans. There have been 2 enquiries.

Post August 2021 - all my payments have been on time but my cibil is only 761 and my credit card applications keep getting rejected. Request please hellp. Thanks